• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

720 spin kick :o

Aqualim

i was just wondering is it possible so someone who has had 2 yers of karate training would be able to either pull off a 540 or 720 spin kick?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Er... it depends, I expect.. i've seen people who've never been to a karate class in their life learn to do a a 540 and a butterfly, and I've known people who've done ten years of karate and think the idea of doing such a stunt to be absurd.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

It's really difficult to do this type of spin kick. Firstly, you'll need good balance to prevent yourself from tipping over during the spinning. Second, you'll need excellent aim to make sure that both kicks' accuracy are not affected by the spinning and can hit the opponent with full force.

Depends on whether their training included any training on tricks like that. Some Karate classes disdain tricks, and 20 years won't teach you to do a 720. Some classes love tricks and you'll be busting out crazy stuff like that almost immediately. There's a wide range in between.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

yea i suppose so.. in my tkd (more traditional/karate like than sport style tkd), we dont 'learn' tricks, but they are quite popular as something we do before classes/at tournaments (as in outside of the ring), because of the athleticism alot of the students have gained. more of a fun thing :)

hi,

yes it is possible but as people have already said it has no practical use whatsoever, i personally love tricks and have taught a 40+ year old woman to do a 360 back kick in a bout 20 minutes and she had been training a little over 2 years, but having said that i teach a 11 year old kid with 4 years training who cant do a 180 back kick never mind a 540 or 720 kick so i suppose it depends on you and how much you wanna do the kick, although tricks arnt held in very high asteem (sp?) they are very hard to learn and perform, ive had to teach myself and ive had more injuries doing tricks than i have sparring and i fight on a national level! from points to mma.

best thing to do is work on your flexibility and explosive power and just keep trying it over and over again, its all a question of how much you want it!! :D

sticks and stones may break my bones, but i am trained to kill you.