• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kung-fu weapons

GTF

i have just started Kung-fu and am trying to find out as much about it as possible and i was wondering if anybody could tell me something about the weapons used

Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil~Exodus 23:2

Violence, even well intentioned, always rebounds upon oneself.~Lao Tzu

And mankind is naught but a single nation~quran

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Simple answer: There are lots of them. :)

In all seriousness, almost any martial arts weapon you can think of is trained in kung fu. Some exceptions are katana and nunchaku, which are traditionally only used in other martial arts. That being said, even those are starting to make their way into kung fu schools because of teachers being cross trained or the students themselves.

36 styles of danger

• 2 weeks later...

all things may become a weapon in the hands of someone trained in kung fu...at least, that's what i hear.

" The art of Kung Fu San Soo lies not in victory or defeat, but in the building of human character." Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo

• 1 month later...

yeah, pretty much everything is a weapon to someone who knows kung-fu.some weapons are kung-fu only though, like a wudang sword, and i think that no other Martial Arts use the horse-tail whip (but im not sure).

"We follow the World,

The World follows Heaven,

Heaven follows Tao,

Tao follows the way things are."

• 2 weeks later...

in thai shing pek kwar we are trained not only to use every martial arts weapon in stock but we are also taught to use and abuse lol our surroundings

i forget the chinese name but we use two sticks made out of dried woven bananas (they cost alot soo the students in this case moi have to use sticks lol cheap) thai shing pek kwar is monkey kung fu for those of you who dont know

A man who fights one time in his life Fights always in his soul i/II\i