• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It reminds me of some kind of saying: "We are not racists. We all know human race is WHITE." :D :D :D

Well honestly I wish I was asian or african. They are REALLY beautiful. :)

And I thank God for those many colours. Otherwise, after seeing white faces we would eventually see ... black ...

what the hell are you talking about? that makes no sense at all!!!!!!!!!

You can boo me if you want, You know I'm right!

-Chris Rock

The quote was something I've heard some time ago. And the idea I was trying to pass was that variety is good. As for seeing black from all the white .. sometimes seeing only a thing leads to some distorted view. It was a joke or something similar :karate:

And drop the "hell" thing. You remind my little devil of home :D (do I have to explain it too? :D )

I haven't countered any racism at my dojo at all. Although there is a mentally handicapped black belt at my dojo who has made crude comments to me and sometimes follows me around, that I try to avoid. I don't hate him, but I don't have much patience (in general) and have had no experience with mentally handicapped people. I guess I'm ingnorant, and I know that's not a good excuse.

karateka of Kobayashi Shorin-ryu karate-do(since 2000)

"A human life is truly as frail and fleeting as the morning dew." -Rashomon

“Like everyone else, you want to learn the way to win, but never to accept the way to lose. To accept defeat, to learn to die is to be liberated from it. So when tomorrow comes you must free your ambitious mind and learn the art of dying.” BL

I have ran into sexism more then racism.

An adult male black belt was a 2nd Dan, just as I was. I was 14-15 around the time.

When he came into our class he completely tried taking over it. He didn't know what the heck he was doing, he was awful at the art, he had no respect for anyone, besides the master, but he didn't really even respect the master seeing that he didn't respect his teachings enough to go by them. He always complained that "This isn't how it's done in the military and/or at my old school." Even more so he was completely disrespectful to any female, no matter the rank. I had been in Tae-Kwon-Do much longer then he, and had my rank for a longer amount of time, also I had been at the school for a longer amount of time. He changed his own rules to keep me from being higher ranking ten him.

One of his rules was, 'If you come in late you stay at the back of the class until break. Once the break is over with then you can resume your spot at the head of the class.' Well one day I came in just as class was starting, I took my place at the back of the class in a respectful manner, and readily continued with the rest of the class. Once we took break I got a drink of water, and then went out onto the floor. I went to take my place at the head of the class and he said, "You were late, stay at the back of the class." Well the next time he was late, he expected to be put in his 'rightful' place after we took break. I took this up wtih our master, and when my master addressed the guy, he told the master the I was just a racist female(he was colored). This made my mother extremely mad, and I've had further problems with the guy. He couldn't stand that I was younger, and better then him.

KittyCat=^;^=

2nd Dan-Tae-Kwon-Do

I have not experienced any racism or sexism at either of the schools I have attended; however this thread has made me realize that almost everyone in my school is white. I hadn't really noticed that before. I guess we need to go find some other races before someone thinks we ARE racist "aryan wannabe's" !!! :)

I would certainly not tolerate any racism/sexism in our dojo. If I could not stop it, or if the instructors were involved, I would not hesitate to leave immediately. Even if it was the only dojo available, I would rather not train, than be with anyone like that [the racists, not the other races :) ]

DT

- "Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently." Benjamin Franklin

-"If you always do what you've always done you'll always be what you've always been." Dale Carnegie

I do not agree with any type of discrimination anywhere every person is unique but they should all be treated with the same respect whether it be in the dojo or the workplace nobody should be judged because of their skin colour or sex or ethnic origin or sexuality.

" You always get some motherf***er trying ice-skate uphill " Taken from Blade.

I would certainly not tolerate any racism/sexism in our dojo. If I could not stop it, or if the instructors were involved, I would not hesitate to leave immediately. Even if it was the only dojo available, I would rather not train, than be with anyone like that [the racists, not the other races :) ]

Good point, doubletwist.

It reminds me of that campaign with those supermodels a few years back - the "I'd rather go naked than wear fur". Well, I'd rather not train at any dojo than train in a racist one.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!