• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooo look, he did it again!
lol,I guess it depends on who youre talking to.For example I know some people that get all hyped up if some one calls them latino instead of hispanic and vice versa.For me I don't mind as long as it's a name that describes my people,unless they say some racist thing about us.
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

• 3 months later...
Yeah, Oriental is viewed as a derogatory term nowadays. It's very 1950s...it's simply outdated. When was the last time someone referred to Asia as "The Orient?"

I guess it depends on your age. Most people that were alive in the 50's still say "Oriental" but I don't think they necessarily consider it an offensive term to them - they have plenty of other words for "Asian" as a race if they want to be derogatory.

I just look at the term "Asian" as a preference - but also as a reference to original ancestry, it makes more sense. Once people are made aware of the preference, I think most people are polite enough to comply with that.

• 2 weeks later...

My instructor has expierienced some racisim in the past :( and some still today, just three weeks ago I brought some kid from school too see how they would like too join or not. When I brought him over he was very upset too learn that my instructor was african american and so was the majority of others were aswell. The next day I was at a corner with my friends talking and over heard him speaking about my school saying, "Man way too many black guys there, they think there all tough", I stopped talking too him after that and I think he knows why :x

If you wash your hands in anger, you never have clean hands

that sux dude. Race shouldn't be a factor in training.Besides martial arts is supposed to help u become a better person. The way I see it the people u encountered were just ignorant.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have not enountered it in the class but I did encountered racist remarks and comments and such at tournament back in the early 70's. :cry:

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

• 2 weeks later...