• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Spinning BackFist

Rich_2k3

If u ask most ppl what their favorite technique is they'd say some fancy kick like an axe kick or spinning hook kick, however if u ask me i'd say a spinning backfist. Its relativley simplistic but still very powerful. It's also against the rules to use in K1 and many kick boxing and thai boxing fights, due to its dangerously high power. Basically I want to know if u would ever use this technique, or if u ever have, and what are ur experiences with it, also do u think its really practical for use in self-defence?

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

yeah i saw cung le do the spinning back fist as a set up to his scissor kick on K1 last week on espn 2.

spinning backfist is a sweet move.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

To tell you the truth im not a fan of anything spinning, I wouldn't give my back to my opponent. It is a powerful strike but I think I'd rather just drive down the center...

But if we're gonna get into that. My favorite strike would be a jumping spinning reverse crescent kick.

Ju Jitsu

Kenpo

Pressure Point Fighting

Capoeira

while it is really strong i honestly don't think it's good for a reallife situation,because as said before u don't want your back to the enemy and it also takes more time to execute than other moves

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

I disagree, the spinning back fist is faster than other spinning attacks, and with a little practise is relativly easy to do. Think of it this way; if u execute a spinning back fist in the middle of a combo, the spin is almost instantaneous, and the attack itself is alot faster, less predictable and much harder to block/dodge than any other punches. To be honest, if its used in some full-contact competitions (sorry thought it wasnt in K1) then it can be used in real life. If u watch maches like K1, all the techniques can be used and should be used in real life. Fancy spinning kicks in K1 are extreamly rare and for good reason, they are telegraphed and are simply not nessesary, however a spinning back fist is a fundemental punch in a martial artists arsenal, in and out of the ring.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

I've seen plenty spining back-fist in K-1 and some mauy thai they won't allowed it sometimes because its another style techniques likt throwing your poponent on the ground or judo throws, timing is everything you miss., you pay

There will be a day that you can't cope with your life, I want you to look at the star and remember, I always smile back at you. luV u lots Jen

I like the spinning backfist. It's quick, powerful, simple, and aggressive; everything a good technique should be.

Just make sure to watch your distancing. If you impact your target at, or below the elbow instead of the fist or forearm, you can injure your elbow joint.

"Achieving victory in every battle is not absolute perfection. Neutralizing an adversary’s forces without battle is perfection."

Sun-Tzu, The Art of War