• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

washing your gi

aefibird

I use regular detergent and I dry my gi in the dry at low heat for 20min. I don't dry the gi completly becauset it is more easy to iron it like that. I use fabric softener too. I will try the Oxy-clean for stains.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wash my gi after every workout, sometimes after two if I don't have time. After a good workout it "has to" be washed!

I wash it in cold water with regular liquid detergent and hang dry...never in the dryer.

It's in the wash now as a matter of fact. :)

I iron my Kamikaze gi but my Tokaido I hang dry and wear as is, for some reasoon it holds up without ironing. After a few minutes and lots of sweating the wrinkles are gone anyway!

Tommy

My TKD doboks (gis) I throw in the wash and the dryer with the lights. It doesn't hurt them one bit. I use Tide for cold water (saves on gas) and oxy clean, no bleach (we have hard water. It would turn them yellow-ish ... been there, done that ... eeekkkk LOL). I fold them right from the dryer, so they don't wrinkle.

Laurie F

10 years ago I washed my Gi every Sunday in the morning. I trained Karate Monday to Saturday after classes at school. It was bad smell!! I had only one Gi and I used it for 10 years. Now I have Shureido ( second hand ) I wash it after every workout. I wash it in Hot water 90degree and Dryer.

>^o^

10 years ago I washed my Gi every Sunday in the morning. I trained Karate Monday to Saturday after classes at school. It was bad smell!! I had only one Gi and I used it for 10 years. Now I have Shureido ( second hand ) I wash it after every workout. I wash it in Hot water 90degree and Dryer.

No offense meant, but in those 10 years when you had only 1 gi, and if I had the honor to be your cohort at the time and we had to do kumite on Saturday, I would have defaulted and begged your indulgence for rematch the next Monday. :lol:

meh, thanks for the advise BUT i give up... they wont go away, and mom still folded it AND put it in the bottom of the washing pile even tho i told her not too... guess ill just have to live with it.

Extraordinary abilities can only come from extraordinary effort

• 4 weeks later...

i usaully wash mine in the machine, then lay flat to dry.

once it air dries. i'll throw it in the dryer for about 10 minutes to soften it up.

take to the cleaners every month and half or so to get it strached. I also do this before any test or tournement.

I also wash after every workout.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

• 1 month later...