• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yes , the slow speed at which Tai chi is practiced can be and is often a target for ridicule . This slow pracice of forms is a delibrate training tool of this system (and can also be seen in other internal and even some external arts ) . In the more advanced stages of the art speed is most definately an important part of it and there are many , many aplications that relate specificly to combat . Speed as applied in Tai Chi results from efficient neuro-musclar firing of the unblocked central nervous system . The slow and deliberate training of Tai Chi is designed for just that purpose.

Speed can be broken down into catagories (a subject that would be better suited for an article than a post ) but combat applications for Tai Chi often focus on speed at the point of contact or touch . Speed from one point to another is also important but not as crucial as it would be in a harder system .

As with other softer styles of the martial arts training to levels of compitence in a combat situation much time is needed . As well as proper instruction and guidance . But do not let the news clips of demonstrations performed by practitioners of Tai Chi who have absolutely no interest in the combat applications of it fool you into thinking that it is not a viable system .

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

Dealing with a tai chi expert is like punching in the air.. n graping a small pile of water.

Tai chi use chi to create internal injury which u can't see on the surface.

The snapping force with the palm seems normal. But the chi energy hits inside the person ,cause him to vibrate inside.. n die.

Thats a really advanced thing that they do.

Basically theyre not trying to bruise the oponent, or do surface damage. But rather, when they hit them, damage the internal organs, put all of their energey deep into them. I dont know how its done but thats the idea.

Hand to hand, heart to heart

If you don't come, i will not start

But if you start, i will arive first

And hit you continuiously untill i see red.

isnt that called dim mak?

dim mak-death touch...no?

Im not sure of the name, perhaps someone who does Tai Chi could shed some light on it.

Hand to hand, heart to heart

If you don't come, i will not start

But if you start, i will arive first

And hit you continuiously untill i see red.

I'm not an expert, but here is the basics behind the legend of Dim Mak. I don't know if it exists, since I have never heard of or met anyone claiming they can do it, but I guess I'd consider it possible. (Call me gullible, I don't care.)

Dim mak translates as "to press the blood vessels" or "chi channels". From what I understand, it is similar to chin na cavity pressing techniques, but instead of applying pressure on vital chi cavities, you penetrate and overstimulate their chi flow using your own. As for killing them, that is not its only use. It can supposedly also be used to heal chi blockages in hurt individuals, like accupressure.

36 styles of danger

Just remeber what happens to a house without a strong foundation. Form is not all there is but without it, you have nothing to build on...

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant