• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

McDojo?

goju-dave

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A fake Dojo, a dojo that only a purpose to steal your money, and wont teach you anything proper or valuble. You might get a new belt every month, and not be learning anything.... I think that sums it up, anyone else wanna add?

There are a ton of posts about McDojos and what seperates them from the real thing. Just do a search in thr Forums. It's aaaaaallllll in there... repeatedly.

snazzed

4yr Shotokan, 2yr Hapkido, 1mth Chito-Ryu.

The Hapkido place devolved into a McDojo during my stay.

"Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand."

A kwoon, dojo, or equivalent which uses well practiced business tactics to have a polished image, but which provides training of very inferior quality and inflated, valueless rankings. Typically, but not always, these are expensive as well.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Such places often times lure the impatient by promising black belts in short time periods, without putting forth diligent efforts. Unfortunately, since many people can fall prey to this, such places will always have a clientele that will make them decent money.

I want to thank you all for explaining that for me, we call them "Paper Tiger Dojo's" at our place, I am a 1st Kyu. I'm in my 5th year.

goju-dave

1st Kyu Brown Belt

SUPER SIZE ME PLEASE !!!!! ;-)

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

we have a chain of McDojo's near me,

i know a guy that got his second dan in 6 months!!!!!

and its not unheard of for 8th kyu's to be given there own clubs, wear black belts and tell there students its rude to ask your instructor his grade! i dare not mention their name as they have already (un-successfully) tried sueing the e.k.g.b. because they called them "cowboys" in a news letter......

sticks and stones may break my bones, but i am trained to kill you.