• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is BJJ a good desicion for a martial art???

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, Japanese Jujitsu tends to(in a fight) get in finish off the oponent, and get out, as soon as possible without rushing too much.

BJJ tends to hold on to the opponent in order to completely submit him-stays in trying to keep short distance fighting- most of the time wont let go until the attacker gives up or is defeated.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

Japanese Jujitsu is better for self defense than BJJ.

blue is better than green

fords are better than chevys

apples are better than oranges

yes - but their application is different from a SD situation - the laws are different etc... im inclined to agree with TJS's post

I wouldn't nessacerly say that, however i find BJJ get results faster on average. They both have their strengths and weaknesess and i think its up to the practioners and whoevers trains harder and more skilled to decide the outcome of a fight between any martial arts(also any advantages the practioner has, may help...).

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

I wouldn't nessacerly say that, however i find BJJ get results faster on average. They both have their strengths and weaknesess and i think its up to the practioners and whoevers trains harder and more skilled to decide the outcome of a fight between any martial arts(also any advantages the practioner has, may help...).

Well put

Josh Koscheck the human blanket

I go with the saying not only who ever trains harder but trains smarter. It goes back to trainthing methods. As well as mentioned up to the practioner. Who ever trains there to work with a resisting opponent.

You can can take say 4 people from the same art say bjj. first 2 people train to do the technique as the instructor taught them say escapping the mount by the trap/opa/and roll technique. the guy on top has a good base mounts the opponent keeps his butt on them and keeps in a good base. The guy traps his arm and traps the foot with his foot to the side they go to and bumps and rolls and switch off.

Now the 2nd group of two people do the same thing but after getting the steps down. They had resistance. the guy on top makes it harder for the person to take him over by pulling his hand out and using that to base when the guy opas to roll. so now the guy on the bottom has to figure a way to keep ahold of that or stop it either that or he makes it look like he is going to go to one side but changes the technique and goes to the other side. they do that a few times now the guy on top adds more resistance now he keeps even better base of him self and stops the opponent from taking him over with the opa so now the opponent, say changes the technique and flows to an elbow, shrimp technque and puts the guy back into his guard.

the group with the resistance training is going to be able to deal better because thats what some on on the street is going to do or some one in a tourment is resist. Maybe not resist in the same way but they still get a better idea how to deal with an opponent who is resisting and make what they do work. get out of that bottom postion compared to the two who just go through the motions of the drill. Even though they do the steps as the instructor showed. The resistance training is key to making it work for real.

Again goes back to training methods and the indivudals applying them.