• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is BJJ a good desicion for a martial art???

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of practicing properly I went to a BJJ place and they were punching and kneeing the other guy for endurance training. I mean one guy is on top of the other and he beats his head into the ground...is that what they really do? Is it even legal?

I think what you may have seen was a Vale Tudo class, my school teaches BJJ, Submission fighting and Vale Tudo.

But I think that Gi and no Gi, Jiu Jitsu/submission fighting is a great place to start then move on to Mauy Thai, or kick boxing, I feel the former is more effective. I don't think it is effective to kick above the waist in a street fight or in the cage. There is just too much that can go wrong.

Josh Koscheck the human blanket

true but you see fights like cro cop, marice smith vs. mark coleman, or giblert yvel against gary goodridge in old fights where they ko'd the opponent with the high kicks so they have proven to be effective in mma events.

granted i agree for my self I prefer to kick below the waist especially in a street self defense situation.

Yve Edwards is great with high kicks, I think they work in the cage, but you really have to time it well. But the low kicks to the thighs are great for a set up. Maurice Smith gave Coleman welts on his thighs that really had a big impact on Coleman's ability to move in.

Josh Koscheck the human blanket