• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any Websites with Heian Applications

Samurai Shotokan

I want to know if there is any bunkai for the Heians espcially Heian Godan.

More visual than written because i think when i see the application then reading about it

28 movies, 50 years Godzilla is King of the Monsters

"nothing like a good workout" Paul Pheonix

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hmm... I don't know of any off the top of my head. There are bunkai for every kata though (to my understanding) :). When I first started learning katas, my sensei went over the bunkai for them. That's my recommendation to you also, I guess. Ask your sensei about them; he/she'll be able to explain them better than a website. :)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

Well i know bunkai for my kata's I am just looking for more thats all.I might find something that suites me real well thats why i wanted to see if there was Bukai sites and stuff

28 movies, 50 years Godzilla is King of the Monsters

"nothing like a good workout" Paul Pheonix

Ahh, I see. :P Well, since I'm not the greatest book/website guru here, I will defer to their opinions. ;) Good luck in your search.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

the best way to find a new bunkai is to create one. Maybe go early to class and go over Heian Godan with another student, rip it apart and once you have several bunkai for a particular movement take it a step further and figure out follow ups for that movement. Ask your Sensai if you are unsure about anything

"No matter how you may excel in the art of

Karate, and in your scholastic endeavors, nothing is more important than your behavior and your humanity as observed in daily life."

~ Master Gichin Funakoshi