• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end those are the same thing- so long as your foot is pointed in that direction and the hips turn over.

How is having your foot flat on the ground (heel included) the same as just turning on the ball of your foot?

what he's referring to is the angle. when you plant your foot, you are planting it atabout the same angle your foot would pivot to if you used the pivot method - theorectically, there should be no difference in power.

Exactly. the idea is to turn over your hips and kick THROUGH your target.

Theres alot of varetion to every fad in mauy thai, theres the kick where you do the downward roundhouse etc.

let your body relax, then when you about to kick pivot your front foot forwood by 2 inches the same time as turning your hip into the kick whip it out so hard your eyes nealry close, just imgine theres no pad but say your kicking the pad holder, try to do with the shins not the feet to be good praticed both left and right leg shadowboxing will help you,

There will be a day that you can't cope with your life, I want you to look at the star and remember, I always smile back at you. luV u lots Jen

Theres alot of varetion to every fad in mauy thai, theres the kick where you do the downward roundhouse etc.

the angle of the kick depends on the target. to the neck and knee, you may use the downward angle you referred to. to kick the floating ribs, use an upward angle. For the thigh, midsection or anywhere in general, cut into the target.

what he's referring to is the angle. when you plant your foot, you are planting it atabout the same angle your foot would pivot to if you used the pivot method - theorectically, there should be no difference in power.

I wasn't suggesting there was a difference in power, only that there is no certain way to do it. Lots of people do it differently.

• 1 year later...
While I'm on the subject of Muay Thai, does anybody know of any sites that demonstrate this and other techniques? I googled in but couldn't come up with anything.
Arm, go to youtube and watch all of the baukaw por pramuk video's. He does the kick perfectly. Hope this helps..

Gravity is the root of lightness; stillness is the ruler of movement. Lao Tzu

There are many variations but it's generally not a good habbit to step forward 45 degrees every time you kick. This is more of a "tool" for a beginner in muay thai and an advanced practitioner shouldn't have to do this nor switch to throw their lead leg.

What I mean is if you're orthadox/right handed and want to throw your left kick and have been training for a few years you shouldn't have to switch your stance to do so. It's much harder to throw the lead leg roundhouse, i know but it pays off if you can do it.

I personally prefer to always pivot on the balls of my feet but this is how I was trained, too.

Something about Dekkers that you should know is that his trainer Cor Hemmers didn't train in Muay Thai when he taught Ramon. Im not joking, neither...he watched other trainers/videos/etc. and they figured it out on there own together. Now, I know Ramon has trained in some muay thai camps in Thailand, etc. and around the world and I'ms ure his father in law, Cor has, too. What I am hinting at here, perhaps everthing you have seen Dekkers do isn't how it's doen in other muay thai camps.

There are pros and cons to every variation of the dtae/roundhouse but what I will say is that if you chop it down/turn your hip over when you do it you will generate more power. I'm not taling about the quick snap/whip variation, neither...This kick is more powerful if you turn it over and chop down but it's a slower kick. Preacher Puk is very infamous for having an awesome Dtae that he turns over.