• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Flips and tricks

does anyone know any flips or tricks such as front handsprings, back handsprings, backflips, ext... if so could u name the move with some directions on how to do it properly. (i mainly want to know front handsprings and backflips.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You should look and see if you can find either an XMA website or a gymnastics website...both will tell you how to do hand springs and flips and stuff.

Long Live the Fighters!

also try club540.com if you go to any of these sites and click links u'll get a pretty good directory of the online trickin community

If i had to choose between karate and everything else, I would choose karate so i could beat up whoever made me make the decision and have everything else

I don't have that much faith on internet sites telling you "how to do it". I tend to prefer learning from an actual teacher telling you how to do it... and what went wrong.

Anyway, before performing a flip there are some things to remember: balance, safety and confidence. You should get your body in a rotating movement in the air, not on the ground. I usually perform flips with my legs "retracted" but our PE teacher used to keep his legs straight when jumping. Some - if not the most - start the move with their hands over their heads for rotation. One more thing you should remember is to jump with your both legs. If you don't, you will most probably end up in a movement something else than the straight flip.

I've always done my flips on a trampoline, so I recommend asking a certified PE teacher or a guy with more information on this matter. If you're in school, check your guides for acrobatics lessons.

It is better to learn from someone who knows what they are doing, but some times this person is not always easy to find, or afford. Some things, such as martial arts training, for the most part can not be learned on your own, but if you are just trying to learn a backflip or something, watch a bunch a videos of people doing it then go try it.

actually, as far as the martial arts go, i think the flashy tricky stuff is the only thing you can learn pretty well off the internet, though i'll admit, i've made leaps and bounds since i've started playing capoeira. at anyrate, i'd go for the websites listed about, except remember that doing a trick on a trampoline is not the same as doing it on the ground. i reccomend staying grounded first, then go to the trampoline, else your... what's the good word... um... feel ? will be thrown off.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

that's one hell of a plus, really. don't forget, the leaps and flips also impress the ladies :brow:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai