• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Correct me if I'm wrong...

i dont see much use for circular blocks, first of all the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. second in my experience blocks are a waste of energy and time cover up and exorbe the blows.

???? absorb the blow? hmmm forgive me if im wrong but the whole point of self defence or fighting is usualy to cause more harm to ur opponent than what u get. for example a young teenage boy at my old class hit me on my arms and legs many times, as u would put it, i absored the blows, because he had no power behind his blows, but even a punch on one spot done a few times will eventualy become sore, especialy if ur against sumone with power and speed, ull absorb the blow then.?? no, u would block and move out the way and in so doing so moving around often in circular movements and using circular blocks to repel blows and enable a swift strike, but please correct me if im wrong

Yours In Budo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
All Karate is circular and linear simultaneously

How so?? and let me throw this out there :brow: why do we(kenpo people)

use circular movments, and does anyone know WHY IT IS USED AT ALL :karate:

Example:

Karate straight punch.

Although going straight to the target, turns like a corkscrew. Thats straight and circular simultaneously

Karate front and side kicks

Although going straight to the target, the feet move through an arc. Thats straight and circular simultaneously

Karate blocks

Although going straight to the target, they are moving in a circular fashion and there is also wrist rotation. Thats straight and circular simultaneously

If you closely examine any Karate technique you will see straight and circular movement together.

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing