• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whats the REAL deal with martial arts today?

personally i think that if people who train for ufc make a statememnt like that then they should be thrown out of the sport. i do believe that if the person having their arm cranked doesnt tap then its ok to break the arm, but to not give the person a chance to tap is just careless and a complete disregard for the ideas of the sport.

What about the strikers who are trying to cave your skull in with punches and kicks?

Should Wanderlie Silva take a little off of his stomps for fear of stomping your head more than neccessary?

Should Fedor stop after each potential knockout punch to see if his opponent can reasonably defend himself?

Would you stop Cro Cop from finishing his opponents off on the ground after he lands a vicious roundhouse kick to the jaw?

Regardless of how fast a submission is applied, you always will have time to tap. If you realize you're caught and tap fast, you wont be hurt. If you try to fight it, thats when you end up tapping late.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Alot of Tma training lacks realism. no one on the street leaves their arm out when they punch and in alot of systems practicioners dont see all of thier training as a whole. Kata is different from fighting which is different from self defense. boxers fight how they train as do mma and wrestlers. On top of that not everybody has the heart to go all out in fight like that, many of us who train have school, work etc.

Dojo Principle #3

Cultivate a spirit of perseverance or a will for striving, you will develop a healthy body if you have strength of mind and train fearlessly

• 2 weeks later...

I would have to say out of my own opinion that cross training BJJ and Muay Thai and/or Boxing would work in a street fight. Since UFC is the closest thing to a one on one street fight....and Royce Gracie proved that BJJ was the superior fighting style...then take it for what its worth.

Black belt? Yes i have a black belt but that belt only covers 2 inches of my butt. The rest i got to cover on my own.

Royce Gracie - Jiu-jitsu master

isnt there some japanese guy they call ''the gracie killer''?

True , there was a kodokan Judo legend named Masahiko Kimura. he is one of the few who ever defeated Helio garcie .

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

that japanese guy called the gracie killer is my avatar...his name is Sakuraba. Sakuraba was the first fighter in MMA to cross train stand up fighting and ground fighting and he beat Royce Gracie...and many other Gracies that way...Hence the Gracie Hunter

Black belt? Yes i have a black belt but that belt only covers 2 inches of my butt. The rest i got to cover on my own.

Royce Gracie - Jiu-jitsu master

Maybee , i am not sure , i supposed it was Kimura since he's famous for beating Helio Garcie

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

If it takes place in a ring and people paid money to watch, and promoters and cable networks are involved, then it's not real.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• 4 weeks later...

Igor Zinoviev fractured his neck when he got slammed by Tito.

Scott Morris needed reconstructive surgery to his face after Pat Smith dropped about 5 elbows on his face.

Sure sounds real to me.