• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Im trying to find out how to fight competitevly in college

I've been training in mixed martial arts for some time now, and Im on my way to college. I want to fight in competitions or leagues or whatever, as you can see Im clueless as what to do. I would also like info on how to tryout for UFC in a few years, if I think I have what it takes. Im 18 and going to the University of Tennessee and would appreciate any help. :-?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The only leagues I know of that they have in college are Tae Kwon Do leagues. You might be able to hook up a few amateur bouts or something though while you're still in college.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

go to the local MA schools and ask about upcoming tournaments...then get into them. Most around here offer Pankration in the divisions. Not closed fist striking, but close enough...

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

• 2 weeks later...

Also, find out what schools are in the area around UT. They can give you some direction as to where to look.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

don't worry about ufc right now - first you need experience. we have local shows here every three to four months. Also, there is a more professionally run show called the ffc that is usually held here, tunica or biloxi. once you have gotten some experience in small shows, you can step up to a bigger one, then a bigger one after that.

I know that here in Europe we have what we call intervarsities which are the pinicle of training in universities. We have regional finals and also the main competition which is very competitive and has something for all grades. Although that said the blackbelt section is fairly tough!

--

Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.