• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Strange Experience

cathal

Much time has passed since then, and I agree wholeheartedly. I am experiencing this when doing techniques slowly or fast. I find that practicing with a bag or makiwara is also a good method to use.

I agree on that. I have never had that state of mind doing kata but can reach this often when I do makiwara training.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I slip into a state of zombie-ness in Wing Chun all the time, that's what most arts strive for. An instinctive flow, the art fighting for itself. Especially when we do drills like the laap sao drill, I find that it quickly speeds up to an inhuman pace and it just becomes a test of transition. It's a good feeling.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

• 5 months later...

That is just one step closer to becomeing a true martial artist. its like bruce lee said. Dont think but do it with feeling.

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

Hello, Maybe you have reach a step higher in your training? Especially if it felt good.

Trust your instincts on this one! ...sounds like a positive one.

The goal of doing something over and over is to make it a part of us that will become a natural to do (without thinking). Like if you turn around and someone threw a ball at you? ...most likely catch it! (without thinking).

Reflex is that part we all are trying to get too! See food? ..hand go up to reach and mouth is open! (all this without thinking)...done it so many times!

When putting on pants...most of us automatic pull zipper up? ...but there are times we miss this! ...oops...a..a .... a your underwear is white?

One will never know when we reach a very high level....it just happens...Aloha

PS:Those who use the computor alot..do not need to look at the keys to press.....n..sume needds more train,,ing

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh man, I [m so jealous of that. I haven’t experienced that in karate training but as a musician I remember I was soloing, playing an instrumental version of Hendrix’s little wing and I just let go. I didn’t look at my fingers and the music just started flowing and I didn’t want it to stop. Even my band looked at me with amazement and I was hearing myself, but didn’t believe how great and different it sounded. I was detatched to, like even if I wanted to change the notes and their sequence I couldn’t.. the music was coming from elsewhere. To this day I have people tell me how much they liked that song that particular night. I wish I could control the uncontrollable. Must go practice. Congratualations.

place clever martial arts phrase here

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of the most profound experiences you can have in the martial arts. Mushin is the stepping outside of self and letting your body do what it has been trained to do. This tells you that your techniques are starting to become instinct! My sensei explains belt ranks that way. A white belt is -all instinct no thought. A black belt is- all instinct no thought. A master is instinct tempered by wisdom. Congatulations you are on the right path.

"Not every tiger will pounce, but every tiger may!"

K.Mabon

United States Combat Martial Arts Association International

If you had a warm feeling in your body, then it was your ki centering itself in your hara. If not then it was as said before...mushin. Your body was at peace with itself and everything around it. This is a feeling that you should strive for each time you perform your katas.

"Nothing is ever truly broken, it only cannot do that which it was meant to do."

-Sensei Chris Parrill-