• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Obnoxious and Loud *WUTAH*

Everyone has seen Enter The Dragon where there is a huge training camp with guys in white suits punching back and forth... then Bruce Lee enters..... WUTAH! SLAP SLAP!

In Korea TKD at least is nothing like that, no one stands around in their suits and punches or does forms in straight lines... they train in their shorts and have a good time!

Anyways i think this WUTAH! stuff and uniforms with neat formations is all based off of hollywood since martial arts just came here in the 60's or so.. (To the Masses)

Some people look just funny moving their head side to side like bruce lee and yelling WUTAH! before a match. Or making those whining WUAHHH! noises during a match. Does anyone here do that? Is it suposed to make your opponent uneasy? I think some ppl just do it because they can.

Do unto others, as they done to you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Saw it at a kickboxing competition once. The guy was prancing around the ring and when he would throw a shot it was generally accompanied by the sound affect. It all ended very fast when the guy he was fighting drove a straight punch straight into his face and broke his nose!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know how others feel, but if I were sparring someone like that, the sound effects would just motivate me to SHUT HIM UP AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!! :kaioken:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

The yell is what only Bruce Lee could do and look cool doing it. If I tryed it, WUAAHHH!!; it just doesn't sound right and I'll look stupid at the same time. Its only what Bruce Lee could do, like what only Michael Jordan can do.

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

MAny people in JKD do that yell

"If you have job, you wear the pants!"

[ This Message was edited by: Phantasmatic on 2002-02-15 09:27 ]

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Errrr...... I've been "in JKD" for the past dozen or so years & I've Never heard anyoen do "That Yell" - not seriously anyway :grin:

YODA

2nd Degree Black Belt : Doce Pares Eskrima https://www.docepares.co.uk

Qualified Instructor : JKD Concepts https://www.jkdc.co.uk

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)

I have no experience with JKD, but our XBOX came with Dead or Alive 3 and there's a goofy JKD character who dances around in his flaming pants and shrieks WUTAH or WUAAHHH every time he moves (even when he's just shaking his fist in the air for no apparent reason, which is an excellent time to cream him). All I wanted to do was find the button combination that would make my guy rip his vocal chords out, I can't imagine anyone besides Bruce Lee trying to pull that off in real life!