Let's talk about kicks.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love to kick aside from the knees they are my fave weppons. though i sayuing that im not really in to the advance kicks that we do at kickboxing maybe its because ive only been doing it 2 years but really can't see my self doing all these fany spinning kicks that we get taught. the only kicks i dop are front round side and Crescent (sp?) kicks some times i throw in an axe kick if i want to keep them away or if i see them coming in and im sure i can hit them with it. im also a high kicker i love to go for the head. round house is my fave kick but i know if i dont execute it at the right time i can be easily taken out. but being fat all my life (before i started training) had a good side to it because i now have really big calfs monster calfs and really quite big quads too so when i do the round house to the head full contact and it gets blocked i hardly every get hit back as its such a force even in semi sparing its still a strong kick.

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

I don't really like to use fancy kicks, because the more fancy the kicks are, the lesser power the kick is.

I am a fan of kicks though. Kicking is more powerful than punching, thus more effective when using it.

I am a fan of kicks though.

Awww, thanks! :bigwink:

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

^haha I just got that :roll:

I don't really like to use fancy kicks, because the more fancy the kicks are, the lesser power the kick is.

Thats not entirely true.

Almost all of tkd kicks can have incredible power to knock out the biggest of men,tkd is a martial art..not some entertainment,all kicks are practical.

Sadly not everyone can use them right.

Btw Kicks,Im your fan!

:brow:

TKD kicks are among the most useful out there. if they're "flashy," the person is not doing it right, or you haven't been hit with one yet.

and no, tkd kicks are not based on 100% spinning, flipping, dancing kicks to the head.

in general, kicks and knee strikes are the most effective way to deal with an opponent in an intermediate range, no matter what style you're from. (unless you have a sword handy)

Only kicks I dislike are double round house(fake low then roundhouse kick to the head) and the back kick.

double Round house:

1.Takes up to much time

2.not as strong as the normal RH

Back kick:

Well..this kick isnt so bad,i just dont like it because your eyes get off the opponent for awhile,also if you miss this kick...your clearly open.

Ive met a few skilled tkd pracitioners before.Some can fight,some cant.

Im sure a decent amount of tkders on this site can handle themselves.

Only kicks I dislike are double round house(fake low then roundhouse kick to the head) and the back kick.

double Round house:

1.Takes up to much time

2.not as strong as the normal RH

Back kick:

Well..this kick isnt so bad,i just dont like it because your eyes get off the opponent for awhile,also if you miss this kick...your clearly open.

I agree with your statement about the double round house kick it is only useful for light and semi contact. if you can do it propperly then do it in light or semi i did when i was grading and thanks to that kick i got got a grade and a half i skiped my orange and got a temp yellow. but in full contact that is a big no no. i don't really use that kick any more even when we semi spar.

with the back kick this is my sensei's fave kick if you can execute it propperly it is very effective. in our kickboxing club we concidee it one of the basic kicks, the 4th basic kick. i've seen it being done many times and when it hits its is really effective. personally i don't ever do that kick as i am crap well maybe not crap but not great at all the spinning kicks i don't think i would ever use them even if i was a black belt. but if you can do that kick propperly then i advise you to use it as it is a great kick.

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

If you have your hands on the ground, kicks are the most effective way to hit mid-level targets at range. We spend a lot of time with our hands on the ground for various reasons.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia