• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Let's talk about kicks.

Who uses them? for what out come? different arts feel free to join this topic but not the anti-kickers, i know they are out there...

:dodgy:

Me personally i am not a big fancy kicker but i try to be diverse with jun fan kicks. and now practicing some mt kicks all normally for the knees or ribs...also i try to keep them as fast as posible even if it means "sacrificing strength" and focus on the technique more than brute leg strength . although doesn't hurt to have a killer pair of cavs . :kaioken:

Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 8 KB.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big fan of kicking but not fancy or flashy kicking.

Leg kicks and body kicks both can be used very effectively. Head hicks IMO get you into troulbe you don't want. Target is too small and they can get you off balence to quickly. In other words head kicks are to costly for not much gain IMO.

Leg Kicks and Body Kicks however are safe and do lots of damage.

Im a big fan of kicking/sweeping moves.

BTW I train Shotokan so we only use a few kicks but we use them.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I too prefer the conservative kicks . Typically nothing above the solar plexis but if the right angle comes along a higher kick is not completely out of the question .

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

When I read this topic title I thought y'all were going to be talking about me!!! :D

Since I compete in WTF style TKD kicking is the major aspect of my sport. I say "sport" as opposed to "art". The dojang I attend teaches a well rounded curriculum of traditional TKD and Hapkido, that includes kicks, punches, sweeps, joint locks, take downs, etc. But when I compete in the sport its mostly about kicking.

Judges are supposed to score firm, solid punches, but often don't. So you have to relay on kicking to score and punches to disrupt and wear down your opponent. I'll start a match with basic, high percentage kicks. I'll do the 'fancy' stuff only if I'm ahead on points and know I can maintain my lead, or if I'm behind on points and I need to switch my game plan. This past weekend I was competing in a tournament and I was ahead by 5 points about a minute into round one and knew I was going to take this guy. I did a few advanced plays and he threw in the towel before the round even ended.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

i'm a conservative kicker as well.

you really need a lot of speed and accuracy to deliver a good high kick in a real fight. still... the high and fancy ones are fun to practice, and still help build power for the kicks you you throw more often.

does any one find the lift kick to hook kick without touching the ground useful.?????? i plan to use these alot in the future due to personal use.

Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 8 KB.

Rank7

does any one find the lift kick to hook kick without touching the ground useful.

I'm not familiar with the term 'lift kick', but I have used the hook kick.

I usually use this technique when my opponent has me cornered and he is attacking with roundhouse kicks. Since his kicks are circular I’ll go straight in between his kicks and do a front leg hook to his head. A good combo would be a stop-side kick followed by the hook. I’ve tried using the hook kick as an offensive attack but haven’t been successful with it that way. For me, it works better as a defensive technique.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

a lift kick is a jun fan kick in which you lift your leg (preferably lead for jkd) aiming for the stomach or crotch area. maybe it is named different for different arts.

i use kicks to firstly wear down my opponent, secondly to draw him to my next move and thirdly to distract him from the fist that is coming towards him :D he he

you may freely give up your life, but never lose your honour

I use kicks and my front hand to change the distance of my opponent and get them confused, then I use my kicks in combination so that I can deliver a punch!

--

Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.