• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Naha-te and Shuri-te styles.

Smitty

What part was incorrect ?

Jigen Ryu Kenjutsu also has aikijujutsu aspects to it. So you were not right. Ti and tegumi have all that sewn up anyway. Is the grappling seen in Goju Ryu from AJJ or Okinawa Ti? I think the answer is the latter plus chin-na from chuan fa. If Naha Te uses AJJ, what school did they learn it from? Why when they already had their own grappling methods?

Have a great weekend.

You can't fade me, man!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt state it as fact, it was just a guess.....Im a Goju practicioner, not Shuri-Te. The grappling aspect of Goju Ryu comes from Shaolin Chin Na.

You have a great weekend too :-)

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

BTW, ONETROOF.....just curious....your lil side bio says you train in "real karate"......can you narrow it down a lil bit ? Im not debating your authenticity as a martial artist, Id like to make that clear....but it would be nice to know what system or systems your training is in. If youre a Goju guy like me, Id love to have some in depth conversations with you, and if your located anywhere close to me, maybe we can get together, share a beer or two and talk each others ears off. ;-)

BTW, ONETROOF.....just curious....your lil side bio says you train in "real karate"......can you narrow it down a lil bit ? Im not debating your authenticity as a martial artist, Id like to make that clear....but it would be nice to know what system or systems your training is in. If youre a Goju guy like me, Id love to have some in depth conversations with you, and if your located anywhere close to me, maybe we can get together, share a beer or two and talk each others ears off. ;-)

I'm nowhere near New Yawk, but if I'm ever up that way I'll hollar!

Oh yeah real karate. I'm a Shorin Ryu practitioner. Started in Judo and boxing, took up Shorinkan and kickboxing in the Philippines, did a little BJJ when I got back to the "world", and am currently a nidan in Matsumura Seito under Ron Lindsey.

The reason I put real karate is because about 95% of karate/kenpo is fake. Maybe I shouldn't say fake, but less than it's advertised to be.

I consider Okinawan Goju Ryu as real karate, as well as Uechi/Pangai Noon, Ryuei Ryu, Ishimine Ryu, Motobu Ryu, Kenwa Shito Ryu, Isshin Ryu, Kyokushinkai (and most of its offshoots), some Shotokan and Wado and the various Shorin Ryuha.

Have a great one...

You can't fade me, man!

I just wanted to tell you all how excellent this topic has been....I have really enjoyed reading it and a big thanks to all of you for sharing your info with the rest of us. :karate:

A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscrimately.

Kyan Chotoku Sensei

I'm nowhere near New Yawk, but if I'm ever up that way I'll hollar!

Oh yeah real karate. I'm a Shorin Ryu practitioner. Started in Judo and boxing, took up Shorinkan and kickboxing in the Philippines, did a little BJJ when I got back to the "world", and am currently a nidan in Matsumura Seito under Ron Lindsey.

The reason I put real karate is because about 95% of karate/kenpo is fake. Maybe I shouldn't say fake, but less than it's advertised to be.

I consider Okinawan Goju Ryu as real karate, as well as Uechi/Pangai Noon, Ryuei Ryu, Ishimine Ryu, Motobu Ryu, Kenwa Shito Ryu, Isshin Ryu, Kyokushinkai (and most of its offshoots), some Shotokan and Wado and the various Shorin Ryuha.

Have a great one...

Ill definetely holla back....sounds like youve been around quite a bit.....I look forward to having many conversations with you....welcome to the board. :-)

Ill definetely holla back....sounds like youve been around quite a bit.....I look forward to having many conversations with you....welcome to the board. :-)

Thanks, glad to be here. Have a great week!!!

You can't fade me, man!