• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Exactly how hard is it to fight a Capoiera master?

you would expect yourself to be able to block one of our 360 jumping spinning flippy dippy kicks and get your arm broken... heh, jk. But really, they are some powerful kicks in this art

Ju Jitsu

Kenpo

Pressure Point Fighting

Capoeira

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you only do Capoiera Angola? or do you also do San Bento Grande and other ones?
That's actually a pretty difficult question. The vague sounding and cryptic, completely unsatisfactory to you in most likelyhood is, "Yes. I only do Capoeira Angola. Sao Bento Grande is an Angola toque." I'm not in a Pastinha lineage, nor a Bimba lineage, my lineage never did the focus-filter those two are known for. (Bimba focusing on high game, Pastinha focusing on ultra-low) Sao Bento Grande is just another one of the toques we learn to play in with our normal game.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

well compare this to tae kwon do.. tae kwon do is just all flashy, useless on the street. maybe not useless, but it is pointless. they both arent that great for combat, but if a capoiera master and a tae kwon do master were to fight, i'de put my money on the capoiera fighter.

huh??? in what way is tkd useless? oh well.

capo sounds like a cool art, used against armed guards they were able to hold their own with this art. that deserves mad respect, and is worth looking into. i would imagine also that it takes alot of upper body strength as well as mid and lower to perform alot of capoeira moves, as well as agility and balance. all signs of a deadly fighting art.

i take capoeira and i see no real figting abilaty in the style. a capoeirista will get out struck by a Muay Thai guy, out grappled by a wrestler, and out danced by a break dancer.

i mean no offence sevenstar but the capoeiristas i train with cant fight worth a lick, perhaps the people you train with are better.

Fist visible Strike invisible

well compare this to tae kwon do.. tae kwon do is just all flashy, useless on the street. maybe not useless, but it is pointless. they both arent that great for combat, but if a capoiera master and a tae kwon do master were to fight, i'de put my money on the capoiera fighter.

lol... flashy.

the faster and stronger your kicks, the more of an advantage you have. just keep planted when up against a grappler.

if you think so, you really have no expeerience with anyone who is good at either. FWIW, I know jkd guys that suck too - does that mean it's useless?

i take capoeira and i see no real figting abilaty in the style. a capoeirista will get out struck by a Muay Thai guy, out grappled by a wrestler, and out danced by a break dancer.

i mean no offence sevenstar but the capoeiristas i train with cant fight worth a lick, perhaps the people you train with are better.

do they do regional or angola? the guys I spar with love to fight. they train regional.

BTW, you're not offending me in any way - I train thai boxing, bjj and judo - not capoeira. but I spar with these guys when I get the chance, and they are great.

i have fights with capoeirist guys too. and they are good, very tricky and they do stuff that i am not used to, however the more i see them the easyer it becomes to fight them.

i think this is true for most styles that you had not seen.

example after years of boxing the first time i sparred with a tkd guy i got my nose busted by an ax kick. i never saw it coming or expected it. once the kick was past my head i thought i was safe. dindt expect it to come down on my head.

it was a pure accedent to, the guy who threw it was shocked i didnt block it, since i had been easily beating him the whole match.

btw for all you guys who think a nose strike is a fight ender. i sparrred and trained for another 30 minutes before i went to dr to get it set.

I imagine it would be difficult due to them being more unpredictable than other styles, but is there really enough information here to determine who would win in a contest or fight? There are many variables that could help effect the outcome of this contest. This is just my opinion.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."