• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I always find it weird when people say they do 4 boards or 3 actually... we always use rebreakable ones, and i dont think it would be humanly possible to break 4 of the ones i practice on. I reckon if you were really REALLY good you could do 3 if you were lucky as well.

for Liam since he knows me im talking about Mr Hills Red boards...

We break board as free standing with no supports just in a horse which can fall over (a-frame base). So there's no resistance to the boards moving otehr than inertia.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always find it weird when people say they do 4 boards or 3 actually... we always use rebreakable ones, and i dont think it would be humanly possible to break 4 of the ones i practice on. I reckon if you were really REALLY good you could do 3 if you were lucky as well.

for Liam since he knows me im talking about Mr Hills Red boards...

We break board as free standing with no supports just in a horse which can fall over (a-frame base). So there's no resistance to the boards moving otehr than inertia.

Depends on what boards you use. For some demos with the rebreakables, I'll break up to 11. 3 white, three orange, two yellow, two green and a brown or 3 green. Stack them on cinderblocks, and it makes a fairly impressive palm heel break, since the boards just "explode" and spring up in the air.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Hey,

Yeah Mr Hill's board is pretty tough! One day!

I guess with rebreakables you would need to use spacers... I can't imagine anyone going through 4 rebreakable boards back to back... maybe I'm wrong!

Liam.

Hey,

I guess with rebreakables you would need to use spacers... I can't imagine anyone going through 4 rebreakable boards back to back... maybe I'm wrong!

Liam.

ANY multiple board/brick break you should use spacers. And the rebreakables that we use have a natural "arch" to them that provides the space.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Hey,

Liam.

My first hand break was a heel palm. This is still my preferred hand technique. For my 2nd Dan test I had to break 4 one inch pine boards (without spacers) w/ a hand technique and 4 w/ a foot technique. Stings a bit if you don't follow through. For practice we usually use rebreakables. I have broken as many as 4 blacks (advertised as equal to 1.5-2 inch pine each) w/ a hand technique and 5 w/ a back cross side kick. These ones also don't use spacers. We do however use a board holder that is braced against a brick wall though. Moral is, you can break many boards without spacers, but make sure to follow through or it hurts, a lot :bawling:

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

My comment about 4 being impossible is with spacers.... obviously with spacers if 1 is possible so is 4.....

I dont use spacers when doing multiple board breaks, but i mostly break with my feet, so im not too worried about impact damage to my joints.

On a side note, we almost always break horizontally and not striking down on boards, on free standing supports [as mentioned].

Liam you borrowing that board? You broken it with any hand techniques yet?