• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Boards don't hit back

Would people PLEASE stop quoting Bruce Lee's characters in movies,... especially when it's totally out of context [bruce DID do breaking, the character was just responding to the other character's "show" ).

quote]

Read the whole thread and not just my comment and you will see that I used the the quote in the same context! Which is why I said it :lol:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My father did the finger tip thrust years ago... But it was not his first break.. It took him months of prep work to prepare his finger tips.. I think that that is a hard break mentally... As well as phyically...

I have not done it YET..

I will live my life at level 10... Every Day, Every Time, Without fail, No Exceptions!!!

I perfer to edan dwi podo chagi (turning back kick) but most the more experinced dans in the school like speed breaks, which I have not done yet!

TANG SOO!!! & SEMPER FI!!!

Dusty Sawyer,

Ee Dan, Tang Soo Do,

Young Marine Cpl.

"Those who do not battle for their country do not know with what ease they accept their citizenship in America" Dan Beralis, Veitnam Jouranlist

• 3 weeks later...

:D Hehe. Just showing off. Blindfolded. Jump spin side kick. Four boards.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/Keldog/blindfold.jpg

"One who controls himself is stronger than one who controls others."

First break - upset ridge hand, 1 board.

Best break - speed break of two patio bricks I copied off a guy in the US Open breaking championships - Patio brick stood up on a cinderblock, another cinderblock and then another patio brick, break the lower patio brick then the upper as it falls.

Most fun - 9 boards at a demo that had Superfoot Wallace as a guest. Still have a piece signed by him.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Best break - speed break of two patio bricks I copied off a guy in the US Open breaking championships - Patio brick stood up on a cinderblock, another cinderblock and then another patio brick, break the lower patio brick then the upper as it falls.

What technique? A sidekick? I've seen that done before. Very cool. Would like to try it someday myself. :D

"One who controls himself is stronger than one who controls others."

Yeah, two side kicks. I think the guy's name is Chip something, if you catch a repeat of the XMA special they show on discovery (Science of the martial arts or something like that), they show a segment that has the break. Occasionally ESPN2 will show the breaking championships from a couple years ago where he originally did it.

Basically, take a cinderblock, stand it on end, stand a patio edging brick up on it. Balance a cinderblock on top of that, then another patio brick.

Break the lower one then the upper one with side kicks, both basically speed breaks. I racked my ankle quite a few times with the middle cinderblock getting the timing right. :kaioken:

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player