• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Interesting assignment

UsagiYojimbo

The sensei who gave us the assignment also teaches Tai Chi to some of the advanced students. I'm sure that has something to do with it. I'm looking forward to doing this assignment this weekend. :karate:

Cool. My instructor was also doing the "meditation" thing with us (advanced students). So, yea, that could be part of it.

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

that is really cool, and can help to foster an appreciation of the arts in the younger crowd...

Usagi: Love the name...didn't think anybody else had ever heard of the Samurai Rabbit before...at least not in my circle of friends.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

For anyone else: has your sensei ever given you a similar assignment?

Thankfully, no. I'm training and teaching karate, not poetry or meditation etc. Training outside has its benefits and should be done every now and then, but the rest...well, just too pseudo-spiritual for me. If I want to be spiritual, I read a good philosophy book or thesis.

Might attract the kids, though. They usually don't have the criticism that would tell them when something is ridiculous.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland

Well, to each their own. I like the integration of mind/ body/ spirit myself; I like that we aren't just focusing on the physical aspect. As for the kids bit; we're an adults only class, so that isn't a factor.

My only assignment was filling out a self-introduction form in which the most important part was stating my experience in practicing Karate, and what I thought about Karate.

At our dojo the instrutors and families go on a camping trip about twice a year. We have done basic tia chi moves on the break waters on Lake Michigan in northern Wisconsin. This was very cool and gives us somthing to talk about on those cold winter day. So on a cold winter day we will go to the beach the wavves going in, the wavvves going out. We are required to take written test for promotions up to black belt, but they are not pass/fail. They are for knowledge only. :karate:

• 3 weeks later...

No my instructors have not giveen me ne of those types of assignments but he has told us about when he went down to a creek and held his horse/side stance for about 35 mintues...I thought that was like...WOW!

Determination + Disciplin + Strength - Fear = ONE BLACK BELT! Do the Math!

join this site!!

http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=senterforge