• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats a good story :lol:

But well problem with little kids is they might not know what they did wrong and that they have to get into trouble by doing something. :grin:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

okay last night while teaching a class i was having a drill session where the students took turns standing in front of me and kicking me in the stomach while i was wearing my hugo (body protector) after about eight students guess what happen..somebody rang the bells..now im sure youve all been hit at sometime were the pain is so intense you dont feel it right away but you know its coming..lol..soo as i felt the strike and didnt feel the pain immediately i had time for one thought before going down.."damn i just read about this on karateforums!!" then went down....well when i looked up this is what i saw..a seven year old kid with a look on his face as if he was about to die....i saw him look at the front door where generally the parents sit and watch the class..i think he glanced over to see if his mom was still there (she wasnt) and when he didnt see her i saw a tear well up in his eye...(maybe he was thinking mommy will never see me alive again..lol)...he was very frightened by what i would do..since some of the kids refer to me as "the monster" a reputation im trying to get rid of with the kids...so i thought to myself despite the pain i had to get up and not show it hurt..but to let him know it was okay ..it was a mistake...tap him on the head and had him continue....what good would making him do one hundred push ups had done..or yelling at him..or some other dumb punishment..anyway..this is the way i handled it...(mental note ..must wear my cup during drilling) :bigwink:

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
"when you can ring the bells".."then you will be truly enlightened"

He he he ... :D :D :D

My stomach hurts from laughing not to mention my mouth ...

Well to defend the little one. A black belt should know how to defend himself or at least to wear his cup. Was he that blind that he couldn't see the kids are as high as to reach for his ... :D

Now he'll be prepared :karate:

I don't agree that pushups are a proper punishment for a 5 year old...that is WAY too harsh. Sit in the corner! :lol:

BTW myosim, she did say 4-8 year olds...this would mean (I assume) that the class moves at a slower pace than say, 9 years old+

We have found that our normal TKD class requires a bit more attention than 6-year-olds have, so we have kind of a watered-down TKD class for them, called lil ninjas. They get special belts and everything.

We have one little boy (I think he's 4 or 5) that, when he first started, rather enjoyed kicking one Assistant Instructor (benedictbm knows what I'm talking about :lol: ) in the shins, or if he could...somewhat higher. He did this a few times after class, and each time he would run away like a freaking ninja and leaver before we could catch him again to correct him!

Of course, we laughed 'til we cried from trying to hide it, but we had to tell him eventually, "Matthew, we don't use our kicks and punches on people! Go tell him you're sorry!" Meanwhile the Asst. Instructor is rolling on the floor clutching his...gonads...the memory still makes me chuckle.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

I know some kids that a very discplined too, but don't wear a black rag around their waist. The meaining of black belt's been lost, it's not something that's given to kids.

Angus :karate: :up:

Two of my best friends are blackbelts...and are about to go for their 2nd degrees. They're 14.

I'm 15, and just about to go for my 1st degree black (at the same time my friends go for 2nd, actually...12 days left 'til the test begins!).

Sure, there's a lot of maturing to be done, but I could say the same for quite a few 20, 30, even 40 year old blackbelts. You mature AS a blackbelt...doesn't that make growing up even better?

I have seen 8 or 9 year old blackbelts at a tournament once. They were pretty good considering their age. The ridiculous part was that they had to compete against a 13-year-old girl and my 14-year-old friend! Unfortunately they weren't all judged on quite the same scale, but that's another story...

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.