• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

am i to old to start out in TKD

I started (Soo Bahk Do) karate at 22. I think like most people said on here that because you are older and a little wiser you can grasp the concepts a lil better and maybe progress a little quicker as well (not that thats important).

white belt w/stripe (9th gup) SBD

Orange belt TKD

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from a Tae Kwon Do class offered at a university. Almost every student there is over 20, and none are under 18!

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

• 3 weeks later...
i am 15 and i just started TKD am i to old? in my class i am the oldest one there and i feel kinda akward.

I just joinded this forum and found this. You are never to old to start. I started when I was 36. I am now 3 test away from my Black Belt. This only took me 1.5 years.

February 24, 2007 I received my Black Belt in WTF TKD.

• 2 weeks later...

don't think there is a wrong 'age' to start, although there are definitely wrong mentalities.:D

LOL Definitely!!

"Tournaments are the least important aspect of martial arts..." Pat E. Johnson--Technical Advisor and "Chief Referee" for the Karate Kid movies.

15 thats stil quite young really

Think about it when ur 25 youll have been gonig for 10 years :D any youll still be young

I started at 14 [literally just before my 15th birthday] and now im 19 [almost 20] so ive been going 5 years... so no in my opinion its a good age as you can grasp the concepts quicker than children and you can train a little harder than them because youre a bit older...

• 3 weeks later...

I started when I was 15, I'm 16 now...I am definatly commited to it, I quite cheerleading for Martial Arts..haha! I know a 62 year old that just tested for her black belt, she started when she was 60 I believe...ur not too old!

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com

• 2 months later...

Age is just a number.

Jhoon Rhee is 74 years old, and can do 100 pushups in less than 60 seconds.

I just started taking TKD, and I'm 23.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack