• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely not!

I started shotokan karate at 18 :) You're never too old to start:up:

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

I started at age 35. I know lots of people your age and older just starting out. Is your TKD school the only one you can go to? If so, if you want other people there your age it seems you need to do some recruiting. Invite your friends to come watch a class. Maybe the owner of the school has a promotion plan. At our school you get 1 month's free tuition every time you get someone to sign up.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

Is there an adult class offered there??? If so, ask your instructor if it wouldn't be better for you to take that...

I usually move my red and black belts to adult class despite age,... Some of them are 13, some 15,... some 21, Some 46,...

At 15 you really should be taking adult class, even if you are a petite girl as opposed to a big burley football player.

Master Jason Powlette

5th Dan, Tang Soo Do

--Tang Soo!!!

I agree with JaseP.

I didn't start till I was 24. We have people in my school who started late in their 40's. In my last school, we had two people (couple) that were 60 year old 2nd dans. They couldn't kick very high, but they could kick my butt! So, age really doesn't matter.

Laurie F

One woman I know and have trained with started taking Capoeira classes in her mid-60's. You are NEVER TOO OLD, unless you are actually literally on your deathbed.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

You are never too old to start martial arts. :)

I started when I was 20 and I love every minute of it! :up:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

15? Are you kidding me?

I understand when people in their 40s ask this question (they're still wrong...there is NO too old)..but 15?

The only thing you have to worry about is whether school, part-time jobs, and hanging out with friends is going to interfere with your training schedule.

If you can commit to it, you're at a perfect age to start training.

I knew a guy who didn't start training until he was seventy....you have nothing to worry about, but I would suggest at your age that you try to train with a group of older kids or adults, and not with 6 year olds....