• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Matsubayashi-Ryu Kata

Ryukyu1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes I have visited this site many times. It has some of the best quality videos to download I have seen. :nod:

Also if you have a question the guy who runs the site is really nice with his responses. :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

• 3 years later...

My sensei is also releasing a line of kata and bunkai dvd and video. We hope to make it better than anything else out to date. if your intrested in more information go to https://www.masponline.com or e-mail the dojo at martialartsstudio@earthlink.net. I just added a forum to the site, so if you want to ask about anything relating to the site or videos, you can register there and put it in the suggestions area.

Edited by masponline

According to me this site is not on-line anymore. It had some good screen quality videos about Matsubayashi-Ryu Kata's.

But personally I think that the performer in the videos, sometimes flabbered his hands too much. When performing shuto he held his fingers too open, instead of holding them tight together. I don't know if that is how it's meant to be in Matsubayashi-Ryu kata's. But I practise Shotokan and this would be a wrong performance in my style.

Edited by Gyte

"Practising karate means a lifetime of hard work."

~Gichin Funakoshi

According to me this site is not on-line anymore. It had some good screen quality videos about Matsubayashi-Ryu Kata's.

True. Apparently Jim Sindt has left Matsubayashi-ryu and joined Patrick McCarthy's Koryu Uchinadi.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland

When performing shuto he held his fingers too open, instead of holding them tight together. I don't know if that is how it's meant to be in Matsubayashi-Ryu kata's. But I practise Shotokan and this would be a wrong performance in my style.

no trophies for Okinawan

Jim Sindt made a new website about how he's hooked up with the Koryu Uchinadi group, but his videos are still available on this site:

http://www.matsubayashi-ryu.net/indexen.html

I've really appreciated his videos, because althought they're slightly different from the ones I learn in my shorin-ryu style, they're very similar. For a while I didn't know where they were posted, but thanks to google, I found them again!

Thanks to Jim for letting them be posted again!

Checking them out now - thanks :)

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu