• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Street Clothes

How often do you have the students work techniques, or Kata in Street Clothes?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you have the students work techniques, or Kata in Street Clothes?

• Never
    • Yearly
    • Monthly
    • Weekly
    • Daily

How do your students react to the discovery of movement limitations, traction issues and similar changes in the performance of them?

"Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice."

M.A.S.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I was suprised at the feel of my kata when done with shoes on. It really changes how you preform certain stance transitions..like in chinto kata. I found it rough at first, but after a few times it helped with balance and correct posture quite a bit when barefoot.

A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscrimately.

Kyan Chotoku Sensei

training in street clothes is essential. It makes alot of people realize that in a real situation they would not survive due to restrictions. Females do not realize what a hazard alot of their clothing is, and that a smart attacker looks at this.

While my current school does not allow training in street clothes I hold a special traiing class for students preparing for Black Belt exams that takes place out doors so we wear sweats and tennis shoes. I think it is important to train in jeans too-especially spar.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

We train every week in street clothes. My sensei holds a 'fight club' where we work on self-defence and street style encounters. We also have full-contact sparring sessions on this night too.

Training in ordinary clothes and shoes can feel wierd if you're not used to it. However, I think that it is essential for everyone to have some experience of training in street clothes. Techniques that feel great when you're wearing a gi or a uniform can be totally different if you've got a pair of jeans and a sweater on.

It's important to train in shoes too. It's fairly likely that in any street/SD encounter a person could find themselves in they will be wearing some kind of footwear.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

We actually don't in the studio where I train, but in a year when I open my own doojo at college, I will do this at least once or twice a month.

However, the clothes I wear don't seem to inhibit me. But I loathe jeans and any other tight clothing...so it's like wearing a gi all the time.

Peace;

Parkerlineage

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

in my class i train bare foot but when i train in the park i wear trainers

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.