Journals

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I have always used a training journal for weight lifting, I never thought of using a training journal for martial arts. It seems like a good idea; one that I may implement.

Ted

Most people in the advanced class do...actually, everyone but my friends and me do. So, I went out and got notebooks! Now maybe Sensei won't give us that look....

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

When i start my first lesson of TKD this week, im going to start a notebook, i wish i had done it for the 7 years of kempo jutsu, i would never have forgotten the thing i learnt then

Hokori

I have kept one since my first day of martial arts back in 1991.

Now it has moved from a notebook to two full 3 ring binders full of notes and diagrams that I have kept.

The only tricky part is figuring out a short hand method of writing down techniques so that you understand what you are reading. I did a pretty good job of that, as I can see and understand techniques that I learned over 12 years ago.

pressureguy

]===[------------------------>

http://www.backyardmartialarts.org

]===[------------------------>

I've just been given the original note book my sensei had when he lived in Japan, he also has notes in it from his Japanese instructor. Unfortuantley they are in Japanese and I've had to photocopy them and try and track down someone who speaks Japanese...but it's a huge compliment!

--

Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.

i also start my first lesson of TKD this week and i'm thinking of doing this, but do you guys take it to the dojo/dojang or fill it in when you get home?

- Hogosha

I keep one. I don't write what I do daily, but I make notes of the details of things, that way I don't forget them. So for example, let's say tonight in judo, I learn a new variation of a throw, amongst everything else we train. When I get home, i will write down that throw and it's details.

I've been keeping a journal now on my own time for about a year, it's definately valuable when I look back on it and read through it... I like to keep a record of what I've accomplished.

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

I've started back up with keeping a journal again! I'm gonna try hard to keep it up this time - it's a great resource to have.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!