• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Saturday, April 2nd at Carmel High School. I'm doing forms and point sparring. I really am tired of point sparring, but oh well...competition is competition, and I'm ready to go out there and win it.

Passion transcends pain.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't live in the US, so is there a website or something where you can read more about it?

You won't need rules where you're going, mate. You'll need asbestos underpants! 'Cause you're going downstairs, me old cocker! Ooh, the moans. Ooh, the screams. Ooh, the countless billions thrown naked into the pit!

I don't live in the US, so is there a website or something where you can read more about it?

I'm not sure what it is you want to read about, but I'm sure there is a website for it!

Passion transcends pain.

Good luck. I used to be at the Presidio. Man, I miss the sea lions :)

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

Tournament Results

Forms

Division AK-51: MISSED. I wasn't sure if they announced it, and when I asked the official in charge he ignored me, TWICE. I'm almost 100% sure I would have won forms, that's what I'm best at.

Sparring

Division AS-152: Default first place (only person in division). I fought an exhibition match with someone from a higher division who was also alone, lost 5-2.

Male 14-17 Sparring Grand Championships: Lost 4-3. Hell of a fight, and he had to time out to beat me (fight to the two minute mark rather than beat me to five points), but everyone there, including my opponent, thought I should have won. I was jipped four points...one from a Ridgehand to the head, two from a Roundhouse kick to the head, and one from a clean Roundhouse to the body right before time was called. Oh well, that's the way it goes.

I'm looking forward to the next tournament in May, because the guy who puts it on is very well organized, and talking to him yesterday he said he is going to have all the rings set, so you'll know what ring your division is in as soon as you sign up for it.

Thanks for the support.

Passion transcends pain.

Tournament Results

Forms

Division AK-51: MISSED. I wasn't sure if they announced it, and when I asked the official in charge he ignored me, TWICE. I'm almost 100% sure I would have won forms, that's what I'm best at.

Sparring

Division AS-152: Default first place (only person in division). I fought an exhibition match with someone from a higher division who was also alone, lost 5-2.

Male 14-17 Sparring Grand Championships: Lost 4-3. Hell of a fight, and he had to time out to beat me (fight to the two minute mark rather than beat me to five points), but everyone there, including my opponent, thought I should have won. I was jipped four points...one from a Ridgehand to the head, two from a Roundhouse kick to the head, and one from a clean Roundhouse to the body right before time was called. Oh well, that's the way it goes.

I'm looking forward to the next tournament in May, because the guy who puts it on is very well organized, and talking to him yesterday he said he is going to have all the rings set, so you'll know what ring your division is in as soon as you sign up for it.

Thanks for the support.

Congrats.... :)

A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscrimately.

Kyan Chotoku Sensei

That happened to me and a couple of other women from my club at a competition we entered.

We were all in the same kata category together, but ended up missing it because they didn't call it so that competitors could actually hear. There were three of us from my dojo who missed the call as well as three other people. In the end first and second place (there was no one else, because we all missed the call) went to two people who happened to be from the club that was running the competition.

My friend from the dojo (who missed the category) is sure that is was a set-up and that it deliebrately wasn't called. I'd like to believe otherwise, but it's too much of a coincidence that most (about 95%) of the other categories were won by students from the organising club.

*grrr* :kaioken:

I hate it when referees etc are biased.

It's much better to lose fair and square to someone who is better than you than to lose to someone just because the results are fixed.

Good luck for your next tourney, Mu Ryuk! :)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!