Repetition!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another instructor and I began giving a form to a student last night and this came up. We gave her the first 5 movements of the form and stopped there; saying this will need to be worked before we move on. I asked her to go through it on her own 10 times and then I would come back to check on it. But the expression on her face, you'd think I asked 10,000 times before we can move on.

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo

Drunken Master's Classic Kung Fu Theater | DojoZen.com

i asked my class to do 4 sets of 100 punches.... it woud seem like a similar reaction.... its not like i asked for pressups or anything....

It's almost like kids today don't want to try for rank, but almost expect to walk through classes because they pay their monthly dues and show up now and again. I wonder if it is society that is pushing them this way? Expect more for less?

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo

Drunken Master's Classic Kung Fu Theater | DojoZen.com

or just are impatient... its amazing how many complaints i hear about "i cant do that" when they havent tried.... or how many people groan when we do a fitness oriented session..... or just stand about when your not looking..... grrrr..... lol