• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi all, I am new to MA, and actually was looking for some help. I am contemplating joning a Dojo here that teaches Tang Soo Do, but would like some un-biased info on this art form.

What is the difference between TSD & TKD?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

With regard to TKD, it depends on what style of TKD you are looking at and what skill levels the instructors are.

TKD varies from hard core self defence through to an Olympic sport.

Respectfully,

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

• 2 weeks later...

tkd is a sport karate based of off tsd. tkd uses many looping kicks were tsd hides theam tsd is much more tridishonal thean tkd there is much more emphises on hand tecniques and grapling in tsd than tkd. tkd teces you tecniqes that are tourament based wich in my ecpirace wont woork on the stree but thean agen it depinds on the teacher. tsd is trdishonal so thear for it has a lot of more infl;uinces than tkd youll find more tecniqes in tsd than tkd youll find you free spar a lot more intsd and its a lot more agreasive

weel i hope this helps have studed tsd for about a year so there is a lot i dont know but this is what i nkow about the 2 art also ty for your time and sry about the spelling

Hello,

With that in mind, I am going to close this thread and direct responses over there.

Thanks. :)