• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two questions.

If you don't clench your fist hard how doest it cope with the impact without breaking or dislocating the knuckles? Would the same apply to a knifehand strike?

And if a clenched fist restricts the flow of chi then is it a logical progression that a clenched target muscle would also restrict the chi flow. So say a bunch to the abdomen would be ineffectual if the abdomen was tensed.

That also makes me wonder does chi flow into inanimate bodies, or are there some materials that don't "conduct" chi.

I havn't yet, but I will.

10 hour sem. WOW sounds exhausting.

Have fun and I will let you know what I find.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

Hey PhDPeddler,

I think what you are calling blood, my teachers call Chi. I felt it tonight while practicing Zhan Zhaung and I could definently feel increased blood flow to my hands and arms. It really weighed them down. Hope this helps.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

has anyone here ever heard of hitting someone with a fist that is not tightly closed but held open so the chi can fill the void and make your hand harder? :spitlaugh: I am interested in hearing your feedback.

I asked about this technique of a loosely closed fist from a high dan. He proceeded to show me how it was done, explaining that this was an advanced concept. He even hit me with it, thankfully not full strength. It was heavy and felt connected. There was no mention of chi, but he did emphasize proper alignment of the wrist and forearm.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.