• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

has anyone here ever heard of hitting someone with a fist that is not tightly closed but held open so the chi can fill the void and make your hand harder? :spitlaugh: I am interested in hearing your feedback.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i havent herd of fist full of chi but if u want chi to make ur punches more effective...u imagine the chi leading up thru ur arms and penetrating the target thus flowing thru the fist...not merely concentrating it there...it has to flow....flow out of ur fingers and palm and knuckles.

"Life is a journey, not a destination"

"Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless"

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do"

I'll give you a fist full of chi... in the FACE!

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness."

-The Book of the Void (A Book of Five Rings)

"Men don't start fights, but they do finish them."

I'ver heard (and felt) palm strikes reinforced with chi, but a closed fist? Someone told me that the muscels tense too much in a closed fist to reinforce it with chi. That's what I've heard, so there's my feedback.

"To win a fight without fighting, that is the true goal of a martial artist."

-Grandmaster Nick Cerio

I think that to fill your fists with Chi, you should concentrate on your enclosed fist with everything you have, imagining all your Chi and energy flowing into it and then, when the fist impacts, imagine letting the Chi flow violently into the target.

Of course, one'll need lots of practice for this to be easy to do.

whatever happened to just punching?

Tell ya what, you go worrying about filling that hand with chi, and I've struck 8 times before the body hits the ground...chi or not.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

We are taught in the early stages to punch and to punch properly (proper hand, finger, wrist alignment). The Grandmaster has told us that when we get more advanced we wil be able to feel the chi come into our hand and generate more power, but for now. I do hit with a closed fist.

A person might hit me (or try to hit me) 8 times, but it I will only have to connect once with a proper strike and the party will be over.

If you do not have the proper structural alignment of the arm/hand then your form will be worthless and qi flow will be restricted.

Who cares about qi if you do not have the proper structure for it to flow through?

Here's one for ya then. Not fists but hands full of Chi. Stand with your feet close together. Knee's bent, tail (butt) tucked in. Your pointer finger raised just a bit higher than the rest. Hands are at your side. One at a time roll one shoulder back at a time. As you roll one shoulder think of pushing that hand threw the ground. Do each sholder. Does it feel like alot of blood are in your hands? Let me know. Thanks Peddler.