• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How much training?

For a beginner, I'd recommend going to as many classes weekly as you feel comfortable going to. Since my usual workouts outside of class take a little more than 2 hours to fully complete, I'm not able to hit every single session. However, to make up for this I train every other day with weights. I find that weightlifting paired with the cardiovascular activity that any martial art naturally has directly compliment each other.

Don't kill yourself - if you don't have the time or the bodily endurance to keep up extended daily workouts, you shouldn't be trying to. The fatigue that you experience is your body's way of saying "I'm not ready for this yet." Work up to extended workouts.

Oh, and stretch daily too :)

I would stand in line for this

There's always room in life for this

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

martial arts are my life, and being so i go a little over bord i train at lest 3 hrs a day every day and do at lest three miles a day running and at lest three hours a week weights. but thats me, for a beginer i would say as much training as your body can take, and minimum 2 days a week two hours, otherwise dont bother.

Fist visible Strike invisible

martial arts are my life, and being so i go a little over bord i train at lest 3 hrs a day every day and do at lest three miles a day running and at lest three hours a week weights. but thats me, for a beginer i would say as much training as your body can take, and minimum 2 days a week two hours, otherwise dont bother.

Yea, I'm a bit like this myself. For beginners, 2/3 classes per week, for those coming up to black belt 4/5 and personal training. After black belt well it depends what you want to do. I hate instructors who only put on their dogi to teach!

--

Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.