• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tell me what you know-Krav Maga

What is the major different between f.i.g.h.t. krav maga and haganah? Also are the f.i.g.h.t. movies worth checking into to supplement KM training? (I would go with fight but there aren't any in Oregon)

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here goes.. Haganah is very similar except it also adds thing like L.O.T.A.R. basiclaly anti terrorist tactics, Kapap and Hisarzut which is a stand up fighting style very similar to MT.

F.I.G.H.T. is Fierce Israeli gorilla hand to hand tactics.

It is a part of the overall Haganah system. hower Haganah also emplys ITK.

(Isreali Tactical Knife) and also tactical shooting.

You may wanna head over to https://www.fight2survive.com and u can get all the info you want on Haganah. The principles are very similar to KM.

The biggest difference between Haganah and KM are the way they train.

KM has different levels or belt corriculum even though we dont really wear belts and usually go by levels. The further you go along the mnore that is added. Haganah and FIGHT are different because Haganah is a military based system, there are no levels per se. They teach in rotations. Basically everything that is covered would be touched upon within 4 months, then you start the rotation again, this way all students get exposed to all things ( open hand defense, knife defense, gun defense, ground survival) without anyone getting left behind and trying to play cath-up with the other students.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense