• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kanji... how is it written

i want to get a tatto of kanji on my arm... so ive been on the net making translations. but i dont know how it is written. my avitar means invincible, but i dont know if the second character is supposed to go underneith the first. if i wanted to write some thing like "pain is temporary" would i do the characters for it like this:

"pain

is

temporary"

??? some word have more than one character, like invincible, so how do i make a sentance?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A word of advice: Machine translation for Japanese is absolutely horrid. Never rely on it.

I would have used the word muteki (無敵) for invincible. Your avatar actually means "Certain Victory".

As far as Pain is temporary, it would literally be "痛み は 一時的 です。”

How formal do you want this? (It could get pretty long)

There's actually many ways to say this, some more literal than others, and if you want to be grammatically correct, it may take up more space than you want.

Maybe "痛みは束の間” (Pain is transient)

Nowadays, it isn't entirely uncommon to see Japanese read left-to-right. Traditional Japanese was always top-to-bottom with the lines left-to-right. Many books in Japan use this format.

Or, you could even shorten it further. Something like "痛み一時” Which is just "Pain temporary"

You can also use "苦しみ” instead of "痛み”. This has more implications of anguish and suffering, although 痛み could mean both.

Someone more fluent than me should probably field this question. I'm sure there's also some good 四字熟語 (Yojijukugo) for this, which are 4-character proverbs.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/