• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

uppercuts - feel more natural then hooks n' crosses

for me its the hook with my right hand i can not remember the last time i threw one to the head it just doesnt feel natural at all i always throw it off my left

I prefer hook shots with my left too, although I'm right handed. Uppercuts don't tend to feel natural to me, although I try and incorporate them into my training.

The Bob bags are decent as well, as it gives a better simulation of actually hitting a chin.

Yes, BOB bags are great for practicing on, as it gives you more of a feel for hitting a person, as opposed to just a heavy bag.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have to think about throwing an uppercut, and usually only when I'm already in close. It doesn't usually occur to me while sparring. For me the hard part is the front foot pivot becasue it changes my body flow.

But if that juicy chin appears -- oh man, it's the perfect punch.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

just throw an uppercut or a good solid blow below the belly button and thats it.

Even the most powerful human being has a limited sphere of strength. Draw him outside of that sphere and into your own, and his strength will dissipate.

Uppercuts are hard to defend against, too.

:karate:

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

I have to think about throwing an uppercut, and usually only when I'm already in close.

That's when you're supposed to do it. Any further and you lose power and leave yourself open unnecessarily.