• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello

beaker

I am a lapsed 1st kyu just about to start over at a new dojo in London. I am determined to actually get to my 1st Dan grading this time (schoolwork got in the way previously, but I'm 26 now) but I might need a bit of moral support in the meantime! I'm ready to start from scratch and excited about doing so, but also a bit nervous as it'll be a new club and I'll probably miss my old one.

Anyway just thought I'd say hi!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hello beaker :nod:

Welcome to the forums :wave:

Have a good time here. :smile:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

Yo Beaker

You didn't say what art you are training in!

Welcoem to the boards - you'll find lots of support for your quest right here :grin:

YODA

2nd Degree Black Belt : Doce Pares Eskrima https://www.docepares.co.uk

Qualified Instructor : JKD Concepts https://www.jkdc.co.uk

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)

Hey Beaker,

I had to do the same thing. You'll be fine. I'm 35 now and just promoted to 2nd in Kuk Sool Won, and no end in sight.

Welcome to the boards. :wave:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Hey Doug,

How did you find it then, did you start over from scratch? I am quite annoyed that I threw it all away, really. But I was only 15/16 at the time.

I have got in touch with my old Sensei who has offered some really good encouragement.

YODA, I used to train in Wado Ryu, and the club I am thinking of joining is a Higashi club, which I think is based on that.

I'm going to get a new gi tomorrow - outgrown the old one a little bit! :roll:

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Hi again beaker,

I actually changed arts when I went back. I had started before college at a McDojo that advertized almost every martial art there is. :uhoh:

A couple years after college, I did a lot of research on the differences between the "major" martial arts, and decided something along the lines of Hapkido fit me best. Kuk Sool Won and Hapkido have a lot of similarities, and I felt right at home, so I've stuck with it. :bigwink:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Hello Beaker and welcome. :wave:

This is a really good site. Ask all the questions you want. This can be a good place for support. :nod:

I have seen people outgrow gi's. :spitlaugh: I watched a kid one time test for shodan ho in a gi so short and so tight i wondered how he got into the thing. :spitlaugh: