• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Want to train in Japan

I am actually from Denmark.

I used to be member of a Kyokushin dojo back in Copenhagen, but after I moved to Japan I wanted to try something different. So I joined a small JKD club and that completely changed my view on martial arts. Unfortunately the number of members kept decreasing until basically it was just me training there, so I stopped. I really want to find a new place to train, but haven't been able to find any place or style which is as creative, interesting and challenging as my JKD class was. The Japanese bracnh of JKD (IUMA) I have found to train almost like a traditional Japanese karate club.

You won't need rules where you're going, mate. You'll need asbestos underpants! 'Cause you're going downstairs, me old cocker! Ooh, the moans. Ooh, the screams. Ooh, the countless billions thrown naked into the pit!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
If you are interested in learning Japanese I know of a bunch of good websites where you can teach yourself the basics.

I'd like those links. :)

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

http://www.budokaratehouse.com

I don't know anything about them, but that above link is a 3 year live in program in Japan. They advertise in Black Belt magazine every month.

The ad basically says: 3 year live in program, all expenses paid by the program, dormitory rules are very strict, daily training is madatory, no contract, no obligation, no catch.

The address is listed in the ad, but just go to the website for more.

When you get info on that, or any other place, keep us posted. I am curious in what you find out.

pressureguy

]===[------------------------>

http://www.backyardmartialarts.org

]===[------------------------>

I think this school is located in the US, not Japan. It says somewhere on the site: "...unless you have some other legal means by which you can stay in the US for three years, you are not eligible to particiapate in the BKH program"

You won't need rules where you're going, mate. You'll need asbestos underpants! 'Cause you're going downstairs, me old cocker! Ooh, the moans. Ooh, the screams. Ooh, the countless billions thrown naked into the pit!