• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

All martial arts should be that way. It means more when it takes that much time and discipline to get a BB. Too many arts hand them out too early and it doesn't really mean much if someone can get a BB in a few years. I myself only care about learning and knowing what I can do, the belt just hold my gi top closed.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this out from one of my dojo mates and our head instructor for BJJ. I study under Caique. He is awesome, but he tells me all the time, "even if you are two thousand percent confident you have the move mastered, there is always a new way to improve upon it or defend it". I agree with TJS. If you have ever grappled with a black belt, you stand no chance unless you are an exceptional student or a black belt yourself. I rolled with a black belt of four years once and all he did was toy with me. He would have the finish move all set up and then decide at the last minute he would give me a chance to defend it and then he would go to another move. Made me so frustrated. And mind you, I am no master, only a mere blue belt.

shodan - Shotokan

Blue Belt - Jiu-Jitsu

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care the themself without that law is both. For wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven-- such is the rule of Honor.

• 4 weeks later...
goju_boi,

did you join that school? what did you think? i was looking looking for a grappling class in houston.

I didn't join because of the time (wasn't too convenient on my schedule).But if I did have a way to get there in time, I would definately join.Because they look lika a really qualified school and u have to work for what u get.Also the facility is really good.And the school goes to tournaments in Brazil all the time,oh and every now and then some brazilian guy comes to america to give seminars
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

The reason why it takes so long to get a black belt in BJJ is because it takes really long to master BJJ. When you get your black belt it means you have mastered it...unlike other MA's where they just hand out black belts because you pay for lessons. It will teach alot of dedication...and hard work.

Black belt? Yes i have a black belt but that belt only covers 2 inches of my butt. The rest i got to cover on my own.

Royce Gracie - Jiu-jitsu master

so would u say bjj is one of the best grappling arts?

Definetly one of the best, THE best on the ground in my opinion especially as far as working from your back.

Each style has a part of grappling it specializes at though.

Judo has the most effective throws and takedowns with excellent top control and balance.

Sambo has the focus on leg locks

wrestling has the best No gi takedowns and proabably the best takedown defense.

Aikido has aspects whitch would be excelent for law enforcement etc.

Just my opinions.

I have to disagree with you about Sambo. Although compared to BJJ and Judo they definitely spend more time on leg locks, leg locks are not neccessarily used more then armlocks or other submissions. I think people think Sambo is leglock oriented only because it stresses leglocks MORE then other styles not because it is their bread and butter submissions.

Peace and may God be with you...

Deus Ex Remake

Since they dont have chokes I would assume there foucus would be more on joint locks. I realize sambo focuses alot on armlocks but I think saying it focuses more of leg locks that the typical bjj school is accurate.