• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This scared me into knowing how lethal my practice is...

To really prevent violence, you must learn everything about it. This includes knowing and facing the violent potential within yourself. Some people meet this in the dojo, others meet it elsewhere in life. But knowing it is the first step to truly controlling it. Congratulation on taking an important step forward in your art.

The only two things that stand between an effective art and one that isn't are a tradition to draw knowledge from and the mind to practice it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I commend you on your self control... I have yet to come to the point where I could control myself to that degree... If I was in the same situation, I would have had a corpse on my hands, and an even more traumatized daughter...

Do not feel any guilt for your actions. The martial arts is for the defense of yourself, your friends and loved ones. your country, and the innocent.

Please never give up on your sister. If she has the mentality that abuse is love, she needs all the help and support she can get to be able to change that mentality. Never, never give up on her. Eventually she will let you help her. There may be something in her past that has affected her emotionally that even you as her brother do not know about (I have seen similar situations in my own family) It may unfortunately come to the point where she comes to a complete breakdown before she can be built up again to a person that believes and knows that she deserves real love, not abuse.

You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Personally, I know I would not have acted with such control as you had. I think you applied what you know in a pretty appropriate way. You didn't harm him long term, you just rattled him a bit, knocked some sense into him. It's hard to calm down belligerent drunk people in an intelligent manner, sometimes they just need to be scared down.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

Mr. Mike,

Sorry I didn't read this sooner.

1. You were justified in your actions, and if you would have turned him into a pile of goo, I can't think of a cop that would have said anything about it. It was "Defense of a third person"

2. The male is a chunk of crap, and in the mental health field, would get the diagnosis of "is too stupid to live" and in my opinion should not be privvy to breathe the same air as you and me.

3. While I respect you for trying to give this being a second chance, with all respect; What kind of a bonehead lets a convicted rapist live under the same roof as his children? I am a mental health nurse and can understand that they can be very convincing, but people don't just get snatched off the street and convcited of these things.

4. As you rebuild your family, I wish you the best and feel that you have truly learned your lesson the hard way.

5. Your sister needs help, you have done what you can to give it to her, but remember this: She will drag you into her problems and use you for her own means. (I think you have figured this out.)

I don't pretend to know all of the answers, but after dealing with these people for some time, I would be glad to help someone who has been a victim of their selfishness.

PM me and we could discuss this more if you want.

CD

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!

well though i am young and do not have any children of my own yet though some day after HS and college i would, i no 4 a fact from personal and past expeireices that it is a parents instincts to protect there children, and chances are when u saw ur daughter backed up in a corner, noing that u had to prtect her combined with your knowledge of the mans violent and malestaition/rape past ur parental instincts just kicked strate in which is not a bad thing at all, dont ever be a fraid of what u might do when it comes to defending your children. that is the time were u do litterlly whatever u have without of thought :kaioken: if that meens just disable them then just disable them, if it meens kO him, Ko him, if it meens that u have to paralyze him even killed him then do wat u have to do. :dodgy:

PEACE :D :) :kaioken: :kaioken: :karate:

You did exactly the same as any othe father would have done in the same situation.

He was bang out of order doing what he did - he obviously doesn't think straight.

I've got two daughters, one of 5, and one of 18 months, and if anybody ever hurt one of them, or even shouted at them like that nutcase brother in law of yours did, i would be on to them like a tonne of bricks.

To be perfectly honest with you, i would have probably thrown him down the stairs, i would have certainly kicked him out of the front door thats for sure. I'm of the firm belief that nobody should shout at your children, other than you - if its warranted. Their your own flesh and blood at the end of the day - and what gives somebody else the right to take control.

I'm really dreading the time when they get to their teens and start dating - i'm going to be one hell of an overprotective father......

• 5 weeks later...