• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Have you ever heard about a student failing a belt test?

Bleeding Lion

besides..when you've been broken down, and broken down and hit rock bottom....there's no where else to go but up.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we found out that by not communicating and working TOGETHER outide of class, we failed. We failed each other as classmates because you are only as strong as your weakest link. Sensei did not mention when we' retest, but said if we do not get t together and work as a team, we will remain profesional brown belts unless we go to another dojo and "buy" a black belt form them. it was a humbling experience. We are now communicatiing daily and holding each other accountable for practicing outside of class. its like we report to each other to and are working as a support system. Sensei hammered the issue of teamwork and that in life, you cannot get anywhere without the help of others.

We are trying to resolve our issue and hopefully will retest soon.

??? How old are you? Why would communicating with someone from class be a requisite for the judgement of technique? Do these requiremetns hold to everyone in your dojo? Support systems come in all shapes and sizes.

That was my first thought too. I was surprised to read that JimmyNewton is 28. I thought he was a high school student for sure. This seems like a sick joke to me. Are you sure the instructor isn't kidding?

i'm positive.

I think its to see how we cope and resolve what he was telling us. But yeah, i'm 28, train hard and never saw this coming.

as I mention, i'll keep you posted on the results. However, the other student is a highschool student, so maybe he;s trying to teach them the lesson and i have to be part of it in order for it to work.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

Yeah I have many a time LOL.

It really depends what Dojo u belong to...

I mean some will put u in and then u fail where you arnt up to standard

OR

you could belong to a Dojo where your Sensei will not allow you to go for it till he beleves you are ready then you tend to pass

But its usaly 50/50 chance

The Reason I Train, Is So I Dont Have To Fight.