• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Disgusting...

Maybe....they could offer a cardboard cutout of your systems founder/grandmaster...you know the full size one's like they have of movie stars...then you could take a picture with him...That way you can back up your certificates with some "authentic" proof :lol: :lol: :lol:

A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscrimately.

Kyan Chotoku Sensei

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does everyone care? I thought doing martial arts was about getting the skills, was about you pesonally doing something that was beyond your wardrobe. So someone buys a black belt and a certificate online, who cares? Does a black belt enable you to fight? Or was a black belt once a measure or how far along a student was? It doesn't make him able to fight and doesn't diminish your abilities, and if someone is in martial arts with the goal of getting their black belt, they'll never be as good as someone there who wants to learn.

Ask me what belt I am in the ONE art I do that actually does belts, (probably the only one left in which the belts still mean something, guesses anyone?) and I'll answer: who cares?

It isn't the fact they are merely available online. It is that people may purchase these items in order to betray the trust of others in fake dojos. They may learn just enough to seem professional and experienced, yet be just enough to lure people in and take their money.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Now ,Now people lets all have an open mind, there is some good to this,you see the certs can come in handy, its not that bad :brow:

like when you are in the BATHROOM :D :D you know the rest

nuff said

yours in kenpo

George A Elmer Jr

"club,stick, bat, hell they all hurt"

What does everyone care? I thought doing martial arts was about getting the skills, was about you pesonally doing something that was beyond your wardrobe. So someone buys a black belt and a certificate online, who cares? Does a black belt enable you to fight? Or was a black belt once a measure or how far along a student was? It doesn't make him able to fight and doesn't diminish your abilities, and if someone is in martial arts with the goal of getting their black belt, they'll never be as good as someone there who wants to learn.

Ask me what belt I am in the ONE art I do that actually does belts, (probably the only one left in which the belts still mean something, guesses anyone?) and I'll answer: who cares?

I really don't care much about the people who buy them knowing they don't mean anything. I think it casts a poor light on the Martial Arts, in general, but you will find such things in every line of human endeavor.

The reason I cannot stand these offers is because they will convince some unsuspecting people that they have learned enough to defend themselves ("Wow! I earned my Black Belt!"), when they have actually probably not gained any appreciable level of skill at all. They are taking money from the ignorant, and possibly endangering their victim by filling their heads with false confidence.

I feel most sorry for that gentleman/lady who ends up bleeding out in the street, because they felt they knew enough to fight off a knife-wielding dirtbag.

"Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice."

M.A.S.

I really don't care much about the people who buy them knowing they don't mean anything. I think it casts a poor light on the Martial Arts, in general, but you will find such things in every line of human endeavor.

The reason I cannot stand these offers is because they will convince some unsuspecting people that they have learned enough to defend themselves ("Wow! I earned my Black Belt!"), when they have actually probably not gained any appreciable level of skill at all. They are taking money from the ignorant, and possibly endangering their victim by filling their heads with false confidence.

I feel most sorry for that gentleman/lady who ends up bleeding out in the street, because they felt they knew enough to fight off a knife-wielding dirtbag.

and i agree with you,you said it right,

yours in kenpo

George A Elmer Jr

"club,stick, bat, hell they all hurt"

On one hand, it might be funny. On the other, this is totally sad. Things like this add to the further degradation of what it means to be a black belt and denigrates the hard work and the many years of practice and dedication of the people who actually have earned one. This is just as bad as buying a fake Bachelor's or Master's degree certificate from a University. :(