• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I should say hi . . . so I am

baronbvp

Welcome to KF! A very sincere thank you for your dedication to the protection of our great country.

Why punch someone when their on the ground when you can just kick them

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. Overall, our military is doing a great whether or not you agree they should be in Iraq. It is our pleasure to serve in whatever capacity we can, wherever in the world we are sent.

I am interested in a new hybrid martial art being called American Combat Karate among other names. It is basically a hodge-podge of what works when fighting hand-to-hand combat to the death using guns, knives, rope, strings, empty hands, etc.

We pilots always planned to survive and evade capture until rescue. Once you are spotted by enemy combatants or even civilians, your capture and certain injury or possible death is just about guaranteed in that part of the world. I tried sparring once with a fellow pilot with our flight gear on, as we would be if we got shot down. It's pretty tough to fight while being lashed into 40 lbs of gear, especially if you had a broken leg or whatever after ejecting into the desert. I thought my 9mm Sig Sauer would come in a lot more handy in that case . . .

Anybody heard of or practiced American Combat Karate?

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.