• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I should say hi . . . so I am

baronbvp

Hi guys. I've been posting things for about two weeks, just saw this intro page. What a great forum this is. I especially like the way Patrick's email system lets me know when someone has posted a reply.

I am a yellow belt in Shorin-Ryu hoping to test soon for orange. By profession I am a Navy carrier pilot, with a smattering of training in lots of different stuff, mostly informal. For a few years I focused on military combat arts, in case I got shot down over Afghanistan or Iraq. Luckily that never happened.

I haven't lived anywhere long enough where I had the time in this career field to get a belt in any style, but really I just hadn't dedicated myself to it until now. I am 43 with three kids who all practice at my dojo. I am absolutely having a blast, even with sparring and getting smacked in the face once in awhile. It's good for the spirit.

The best thing I've found about martial arts is the universal bond between the practioners, regardless of style or skill level. Glad to be on the team!

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks! Wow, you have some serious post numbers for only joining in December. Is that how you became member of the month? I don't think I have that much time. My job is kind of busy, but I can see where this could become almost addictive.

Welcome. :) Thank you for your service.

And no, post counts don't have to do with the member of the month selection process. If you have any further site related questions, please feel free to PM or contact me.

Thanks. :)

Thanks, everyone! I only wish I had started training seriously earlier in life. Can't do anything about that, though, so on I go.

Hello, and welcome to KF, have fun with the forums!

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."