• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone here study Eugue-Ryu?

Kieran-Lilith

Well, as the topic says, does anyone on this site besides myself study Eugue-Ryu? It seems like I'm all alone or something....

Okay, if no one studies Eugue-Ryu, does anyone know my Sensei, Shane Topp?

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel alone in the world....C'mon, surely some people must be in this style.....or it could just be me, which means I'll end up having to learn every little detail about it.....

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Sounds like a western style. Not likely a Japanese name. I'd believe that it's a modern style. Photos that I found give it a bit McDojo-ish appearance.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland

When I look up on Google about that style, and the name of your instructor, I get information about Jukido-Kai Sogo Budo instead.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

No, not a western style. It's Japanese, according to Sensei. I don't know if you found the site for the one in Lima, because our school website has a page of pictures, most of which have techniques and such.

No it's not made up. Yes it's a certified system, I know we have a Grandmaster in charge of us. Then again, he's in charge of our system. I'm not good at dojo politics. We have Grandmaster Jake D. Allen. He's in charge of American Jukido Ryu, apparently. Sorry I don't know much, I never seem to. Okay, since I can't do much, I can give links to sites. Oh, and cathal, that's okay, that's the name of our school.

http://hometown.aol.com/shockwav24/Jukidokai1.html School Website, never updated from what I've seen. Get's quite annoying, but oh well.

http://www.americanjukidoryu.netfirms.com/history.htm Website for the system Grandmaster Jake D. Allen is in charge of. On the history page because I can't figure out why the homepage is talking about downloads.

http://www.mararts.org/active/BB1.shtml United States MA Association. Grandmaster Jake D. Allen is under American Jukido Ryu. I haven't got a clue if this proves anything to anyone. But, since some people suggested a McDojo, please give a definition of a McDojo.

Hey, i practice eugue ryu ;) hehe i also noticed the lack of internet info on the style too..

"When your hand goes out stay your anger; when your anger goes out stay your hand." - Taika Seiyu Oyata