• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kenpo's Hidden Moves

Kenpo-Sloth

Quite often during class, Master Elmer will ask us to identify some of the

Hidden Moves within a technique, form or set that he's demonstrating. Sometimes I see a few, but sometimes I look like this :-?

Does anyone have an example??

I'll start at the begining:

The Universal Block (open ended triangle) hidden within the Star Block Set (Blocking Set 2)

Anyone Else?? :roll:

Kenpo Training may not be a Lifetime Journey, but it's Definitely the Journey of a Lifetime!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I'll start at the begining:

The Universal Block (open ended triangle) hidden within the Star Block Set (Blocking Set 2)

Anyone Else?? :roll:

Heck, if I'd have known there was going to be a test, I would have studied! :cry:

These terms mean nothing to me, and I suspect don't to anybody else unless you're in the same system as you are. Am I wrong?

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Thanks for the replies!!

Heck, if I'd have known there was going to be a test, I would have studied! :cry:

These terms mean nothing to me, and I suspect don't to anybody else unless you're in the same system as you are. Am I wrong?

Sorry, I'm afraid you've Failed :down:

:lol: :lol:

You mean everyone's not in the same system as I am :-? :-?

I apologize for the narrow focus of this post :uhoh:

Through this forum, I'm learning about other systems, but I'm a very slow learner.

Kenpo Training may not be a Lifetime Journey, but it's Definitely the Journey of a Lifetime!!

Hey, trippy...I see it!

I don't really see the relevance, other than that it's rather cool...

Um...there's a downward x-block from Long Form 4 hidden in the hand isolation from Long Form 1...

Would that be right?

Parkerlineage

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

Hey, trippy...I see it!

I don't really see the relevance, other than that it's rather cool...

Um...there's a downward x-block from Long Form 4 hidden in the hand isolation from Long Form 1...

Would that be right?

Parkerlineage

:lol: :lol: I like it

Looks like your styles profile is correct,

you are truly a Master of Sarcasm :brow:

Sorry people, I can't remove this thread, so i'm gonna keep going :karate:

OK, in Grasp of Death - How about a left hand palm strike to the face after the arm bar and prior to tracking down the right arm to check - also after the right vertical punch, how about a left hand backfist to the face/temple as you recoil the right arm ???

• 2 weeks later...

Simple.... i know this. it means that you can strike with motion....um check triggered salute...there is a hidden backnuckle in there. its when you are bringing your arm back and going to to the upper cut... you might as well do a back knuckle in there....you are going that way anyways.

another would be a white belt technique....um I beleive is called attacking mace, when you step forword, you can step on the in-step of thier foot and break it.

another one would be...the rear elbow when you when you throw your shoulders out in the rear bear hug techique in the white belt.... only this is in the Ed parker system. but there are so many examples. i suggest getting the infinite insights into kenpo by Ed parker...ther are 5 volumes they are very good.

-Bran

Through the night, a raven's schrill cry,

The wind, caressed by darkness, howls through the sky.

The stars in the heavens look upon the corrupt world below,

And as mankind's laid to rest, their fate they do not know.

Totally Cool!! :up:

another would be a white belt technique....um I beleive is called attacking mace, when you step forword, you can step on the in-step of thier foot and break it.

-Bran

In Attacking Mace, :idea:

How about after the Left Inward Block,

a Left Snake Punch to the chin,

then the right punch to ribs, etc... etc...

(I assume you already broke his foot :lol: )

ALSO

In Attacking Mace, :idea:

While delivering a right punch to the ribs,

retract the Left and deliver an elbow strike to the second attacker behind you,

etc... etc...

This stuff is cool!!